Best way to sell a 6 figure collection

Hello, I have come in need of some capital and instead of getting a loan for 10% interest rate I have decided to sell some pokemon cards. I have rarely sold more then 1 card at a time so I am looking on some advise on how to go about this. Should I just post them on my own personal ebay for a 7 day auction or send it to someone like pwcc?

1 Like

I think the answer depends on how you answer the following questions.

Here are a few questions to consider:

• Is your collection mostly raw or graded?
  • Is your collection made up of a few very expensive cards or thousands of less expensive cards?
  • How many cards are you looking to sell?
  • How quickly do you need to liquidate?
7 Likes

[/quote]

I have all graded cards and sealed boxes.
Mostly PSA 9-10 WOTC first edition commons/rares/holos but I also own 2 trophy cards.
Looking to sell about 200-300 cards.
Looking to sell fast but not fire sale

1 Like

Here are my opinions. I encourage you to ask around for others’ thoughts too.

If you want to do the least work possible, you could send it all to PWCC. I’ve seen PWCC do quite well on high-end items and niche cards like trophies.

As for the PSA 9-10 1st Edition cards, you could easily auction those on eBay. Anything above $250 will be protected through the PSA Authenticity Guarantee.

If the booster boxes are older than 2017, I would recommend auctioning them on PWCC and/or a trusted consigner in the space (e.g., TCAGaming, smpratte, zandgemporium). You’ll have the most protection there.

23 Likes

If I had that valuable of a collection and wanted to sell, I would definitely use PWCC or do a consignment with someone like @smpratte or @TCAGaming.

2 Likes

What boxes do you have, i may be intrested in 1

Is there anywhere we can see what you have? I would be interested in buying some stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have an account with decent feedback and you are looking for a quick sale, I’d be tempted to list on eBay at competitive prices for a few weeks then convert to auction.

You could send to a platform like PWCC or consign them to someone else to sell on eBay but I think you will pay more fee’s than you would just auctioning yourself.

You then need to weigh up whats important to you - if you auction yourself you are responsible for shipping, any issues after the sale, the risk of non paying buyers etc. If you consign, you remove a lot of they risks and hand them to the consigner, so you need to weigh up whether its worth paying a higher percentage of your sales to someone else in order to remove the risk affecting you directly.

2 Likes

My lord.