Selling Advice

Over the past few months I have been considering selling a large chunk of my PSA collection to help fund some new life goals coming up in the future (education/house). It is a tough choice as I have build this collection over 7 years, I would be keeping some stuff and not exiting the hobby but rather refocusing my goals in life and also in pokemon to complete my binder sets. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best options to do this.

For a bit of backstory I have recently started a new job and I am studying part time along side this so my time is limited. I am not in a massive rush to sell, I have a few months if needed. My thoughts were:

1. PWCC auction - I have never submitted though and I am based in the UK so not sure how it works. Also coming into December/January/February months if I remember rightly they aren’t the best months for auctions so I would probably wait until March. I like the idea though that once with PWCC it takes all the stress and time out of listing and I would be protected from scammers.

2. Sell myself directly through eBay/instagram - I could do this in small chunks as I mentioned my time is limited. Use buy it now/best offer on ebay. More time consuming but I know how it works. But more chance of being scammed.

3. Another auction house or consignment service? - Any recommendations? Is there any others that rival pwcc? Any good ones in the UK?

4. Any other thoughts or ideas?

1 Like

7 or 10 day auctions ending on a sunday work just fine

Good luck on whatever you decide to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would just PWCC it, easier with no need to worry about scammers

1 Like

PWCC do accept submissions from the UK (I recently sent in a couple to test the waters), and they will wire you the money when it’s received ($25 fee does not apply to UK payments), or you can keep it on your account with them.

I would say they are a strong option, but in general the more obscure the item, the longer I’d want to have it advertised, so it might be good to use ebay/instagram. You also have PWCC’s vault, which a lot of people seem to use to advertise their cards, but I have no experience with that.

1 Like