Best use of $50 on Amazon

I received a $50 Amazon gift card recently. What do you all suggest as the best use of it for a Pokemon TCG collector? I’m by no means independently wealthy but I would like to use this strictly as a gift so I am putting it towards the hobby.

This is selling out fast:

www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Detective-Pikachu-Charizard-Greninja/dp/B07NJC621G/ref=sr_1_21?keywords=pokemon+detective+Pikachu&qid=1555610040&s=gateway&sr=8-21

2 Likes

Try and see if you can buy an ebay gift card with it. I’m not sure if it’ll work or not, but some companies allow it.

2 Likes

These are available everywhere in the UK right now. I can’t see them holding much value personally. Could well be confirmation bias, but of the 20 Detective Pikachu packs I’ve opened I’ve pulled 6 Charizards (which is > 25% chance per pack!), so I have no idea why those are selling for $8 individually on eBay either.

I really see these becoming worthless pretty quickly, especially considering the movie isn’t even out (in the UK at least) for another 4 weeks.

2 Likes

@garyis2000, Although I cannot say for sure, I suspect these will be printed to demand like most other modern product?

1 Like

I always love purchasing sleeves, binders, and card savers with random amazon cards. Maybe a new mat? Possible a light box for the sweet pics?

6 Likes

I dont think he is talking about investment purposes only… could just be for fun.

I’d recommend buying packs of your favorite recent set. I know when money is tight (or even in general) collectors avoid packs because single cards are a better use of money, but opening packs is always a really fun experience.

Wish $50 you should be able to get a good amount of packs, even something like a Japanese booster box, and guarantee some good pulls.

2 Likes

Buy a box of Steam Siege.

4 Likes

If you want to open anything, like Fourthstar said, I’d go for some Japanese booster box, or a “special pack” like a blister that has different sets!

1 Like

Just buy whatever you like the most, don’t over think it!

I tend to buy ultra pro binders on amazon, they typically have the best price.

3 Likes

Actual Pokémon product is over priced on amazon even if you have a gift card. I would recommend getting sleeves, binders, something of that nature. Maybe an elite trainer box if you really want, whatever makes you happy

Bingo…,exactly what I meant:) She didn’t ask for “best investment”.

2 Likes