Best Pokemon Deals on Amazon?

I have a few hundred dollars loaded on some Amazon gift cards that I got for a birthday present this past week. Besides the obvious purchases of Guardian’s Rising and Steam Siege sealed booster boxes, what would be the best way to put this money to use within the Pokemon hobby by means of purchasing through amazon? I do plan on buying a couple of my favorite side loading binders but that will still leave me with quite a bit left.

… and I already tried looking up if I could buy an eBay gift card but amazon doesn’t sell them.

Any ideas…I’m looking mostly long term purchases/investments. All answers/jokes/thoughts are welcome.

Card Savers if you’re into grading. Other than that, I’d personally probably do some Shining Legends ETBs. Feels like value to me for the price.

Maybe also see if you can get a Target gift card and go ham on some $10 tins for Black Friday?

Very rarely will you find deals on Amazon. Pokemon usually sells for more on there. For example, Legendary Collection boxes were going for thousands more than they were on eBay for a short stint. The best deal I’ve found was Japanese Neo Rev packs for $20/each when eBay was ~$30/each.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any, but GameStop’s Black Friday deals are good.

Not saying you’re wrong but reading that in the wrong context is kind of funny

Yeah. I had a conversation with someone today about why I didn’t renew my Prime membership this year ($115). It seems Amazon has less deals than before and it’s mostly about convenience. That was part of it. Also, the 20 items I bought in the last year didn’t really make up for the price of Prime.

the european amazon sites are the same, rarely you get a good deal anymore, most of their black friday sales are mostly used to unload the non-sellers it seems lol.
I remember when they had insanely good sales on games, like buy 3 pay 2 on already discounted games etc.

If I were you alovell, I know you probably have the pokemon itch, but I feel like it’s a huge waste using up the amazon gift cards on Pokemon TCG on amazon, because they almost never go on sale, AND they ship the items relatively poorly. I remember they shipped my evolutions box in the flimsiest bubble wrap they had, and of course by the time it arrive to my place, the envelope was partially torn from the sharp corners, and 3 of the corners were dented, with very high chances that the packs were damaged.

Amazon is one of the most versatile websites on purchasing items so I would use the cards on better black friday deals that they will have this Friday! With those savings, spend the cash on hobby stores that are putting a sale up for black friday for Pokemon TCG :wink:

The above is the best advice of the week. Support your local hobby shops…for many reasons.

1 Like