Base set Charizard “Dull”

First time poster here.
I received a base set charizard Psa7 6 weeks back and after looking at it properly a couple weeks ago noticed that it had a severe lack of “sparkle”.
I’ve had 10+ base zards and obviously many other base Holos and haven’t seen any that are “dull?” Like this one. I would say it has 1/5 the amount of “stars” as normal and those stars are hard to get light shining off them.
Does anyone have any info on base set cards with a dull holo?
Rare? Error? Common? No one cares?
Any info would be appreciated cheers.
I will try to post a photo but I don’t know how to yet, obviously it would make it easier :unamused:

Post an image to imgur and drop the link here!

1 Like

Hey, I know exactly what you mean!

I’ve personally had a fossil Articuno, Base Set Charizard, and a Base Set Chansey like that. Your description of dull fits quite well. The cards had indeed not the usual amount of “sparkle” and it felt there were 2-3 layers of foil paper without any galaxy stars too much printed over it.

I don’t know much about their rarity, but for me I disliked the cards a lot. I’ve actually replaced the copies with other cards and sold those. So might be in the category of no one cares, but maybe the right person might!

Like @smpratte said, do post a picture though!

I think that sometimes base set cards are just like that. I have a shadowless Gyarados that has almost no holo sparkle to it

Ive been seeing a lot of talk of sapphire base cards and ruby base cards color types. Is there an article on this stuff? Or is it just people trying to make their base cards sound cooler and rarer?