Autograph opportunity - Cat Tea Party ねこのお茶会展

There is a cat + tea-based art collection being sold by the shop below:

You can use a middleman service to place an order for the prints, the site says they are hand-signed by the artists. For the record, I can only go by what it says on the site and based on the images and the text: 作者直筆サイン入り, I have to assume it will actually be signed by the artist and not just printed on. If you just like the art and don’t care for the autograph, the tea bag set is a good option.

The Pokemon artists featured are the following:

Atsuko Nishida

Best know for designing Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Pikachu and half the Eeveelutions. A resume that places her as arguably one of the greatest character designers in all of human history,

Saya Tsuruta

A newer Pokemon illustrator, known for her colourful cards with bold lines hiding and Pokeballs in all her artwork:

Megumi Mizutani

A Game Freak employee who was responsible for a lot of character design and I see her as a modern “Ken Suigmori” when it comes to drawing stock character art (see below example for what I mean)

I know the cutesy artwork might not be for everyone but I figured it deserved some awareness!

18 Likes

I absolutely love the two done by Nishida! So cute!!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this, just ordered the Nishida pair

2 Likes

These are very cute thank you for sharing. Picked up a some Nishida, Saya Tsuruta, and Megumi prints.

1 Like

What service did u use for ordering? Thanks!

I just used my tenso address for it. Anything similar to that should work

Bought these 3 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Amazing! I love all the art and picked up a couple. Thanks for sharing!

Just picked up a few, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

For the record, I can only go by what it says on the site and based on the images and the text: 作者直筆サイン入り, I have to assume it will actually be signed by the artist and not just printed on

Don’t blame me if it is just printed on :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

My order showed up to my tenso account last night. No follow up email from teavril when it shipped to me

1 Like

My order is currently consolidating on buyee.

84 Cafe got theirs

3 Likes

My Mizutani came a couple of days ago. It was a separate order because at first I didn’t love the art but then I realised not getting only one seemed foolish.

*Thanks to pfm for sharing

1 Like

Just got mine !

5 Likes

There’s also a postcard distributed with it, I’m not sure if it’s hand-signed or printed.

4 Likes

The Nishida canvas was a no-brainer

I would have liked all of them but the space/cost was too high.

So I got the actual tea instead :teapot:

6 Likes

ahhh I can’t believe I missed this, I’ll have to keep my eyes on e4 for other events!

2 Likes