Anyone planning to play BD/SP?

Pre-ordered Shining Pearl myself. I’m hoping I enjoy it. Hopefully can knock out a weekend with it, but am curious if anyone else on here is keeping up with the mainline games these days.

Although, weird side note: why has there never been any mention of Colosseum? It’s like it’s a taboo topic… haven’t heard of any remake of a game like this. I feel like this would be a nice switch up to the usual formula (remakes of the main line, + new game later).

Although I have been playing a fair bit of Unite.

Is this turning into a ramble? Whoops

2 Likes

idk if i’ve ever gotten a gift that i wanted more than pokemon diamond 15 years ago. one of my biggest regrets is selling that file. though the excitement won’t compare, i’ll for sure be playing.

1 Like

I’m going to pick up Diamond at release. I’m not sure how much I’m going to play it overall, but I’m expecting to have a good time for the first few days at least. Piplup and I am ready do some damage.

I’m getting both games, just for the sake of getting all the version exclusives, I’ll probably keep playing my copy of platinum though because I want a villa I can decorate lol

Absolutely, I’ll also be getting Shining Pearl. Probably the most convenient part about having a sibling is they get the other game so we can always trade game exclusives! Has been that way since Red/Blue, it’s just a tradition now.

3 Likes

I’m gonna get Shining Pearl. Pokèmon Pearl was the very first Pokèmon game I’ve ever played (then I passed to Platinum when it came out) and I loved every moment of it. I can say that Pearl and Platinum are important games for me (this + nostalgia are the reasons why 4th gen is my absolute favourite)

I’ll surely enjoy the nostalgia trip :blush:

Diamond for me! The OG Diamond was the last Pokémon game I played as a kid, so this’ll be a great blast to the past.

I ordered Brilliant Diamond

As soon as I finish playing Shield on the Switch, but I like to long-play Shield before bed. Might be a minute. Is it going to have online PVP functionality like Sword / Shield?

I’ll pick up both for sure.

@mingemirl It definitely will.

I am getting Brilliant Diamond! :blush:

1 Like

Yes, I’m getting shining pearl. Two days ago I bought two of the new Pokémon edition switch lite systems as well. I remember my old DS lite was just the black one since that’s all my parents could find back then. I’ll pick up shining pearl at Nintendo NY since I dorm relatively close to there for college. I very excited for the game.

I’m going to pick up Brilliant Diamond. I’m not super enthusiastic about how the games look but I’m going to give it a shot! I’m really looking forward to Legends Arceus.

At first I was looking forward to Legends Arceus too but now I’m actually having fun playing the older games (I just started playing Gale of Darkness for the first time).

1 Like

I will probably get diamond. Not sure what the differences will be between the two, but I like Dialga more as a pokemon so that.

Day 1 buy!!! Going with Pearl.

So excited to see if and how Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin can be captured.

I’d love to use the azure flute and capture Arceus the way it was envisioned in 2006

We are playing it on the Discord

1 Like

I just played Gale of Darkness for the first time, last year. Loved that game!

I pre-ordered both and am taking the day off work to start playing Brilliant Diamond. I’m actually giving myself a four day weekend to play Legends Arceus when that comes out.

I would love if they remade Colosseum or XD since those are my favorite spin-offs. They did a great job switching up the usual formula and love going back to it every once in a while. I highly doubt we’d ever get a remake of either one but I think they could at least put it up on the Switch eshop as well as many other GC games.

Also since you enjoy the mainline games you should peep my Game collection in my signature :blush:

I preordered BD. Can’t wait to play.