An auction first

Unsure why but why is the Illustrator auction now down to $9.5k? First time i’ve watched an auction and the price has dropped instead of risen…

comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/pokemon-pikachu-illustrator-trainer-promo-hologram-trading-card-1998-psa-9-mint/a/7141-91305.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

1 Like

Sketchy.

What’s going on @smpratte :thinking:

I thought you had to get verified before placing any bids with Heritage?

I placed a bid for -$10,500…

Way too pricey for my taste so I thought I’d bring it down a bit.

2 Likes

Heritage normally does a better job but pre-live these things happen. Going live soon so all will be well;) If it closes under 40,000.00 it’ll be a travesty.

I don’t think they helped the final value of it at all with those shenanigans. It seems like they would have something better in place to prevent that, though this is just chump change for them. It is a shame.

Yes, I agree. This could hurt the final price and that’s shame. A 50,000 card could sell for only 25,000.00.

This auction is like some rollercoaster going up and down again. Thankfully we have to wait only couple days for final outcome. :thinking:

Heritage informed me that the leading bidder was banned.

1 Like

Hmm, wasn’t the 20k bid done by @rymcfly?

Greetz,
Quuador

Two people must have been banned though because it went up to 22k then back to 20k now wherever it is now

They told me the leading bidder of 20k was banned from heritage auctions.

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. Opinions and speculation are actually counterproductive to this auctions success and can hurt one of our own,

Nothing presented is unprecedented or noteworthy. Though a shame, false or deceptive bidders happen all the time pre-live and it’s great when the auction house filters them out before too much damage is done.

An auction first: Getting banned from Heritage.

3 Likes

I ran into a financial hurdle and asked for them to retract my bid. They said it was against their policy to retract bids but I can apply for it to be looked at if I put my reasonings into writing for review. I told them that it was impossible to do that only 72 hours out from the auction ending do to being international. After which I tried to log back in and they have suspended my account. My 20k bid was standing for 10 days so was far from a fake bid. As for the 22k bid I cannot comment on that as I don’t know what happened here. I am not entirely sure why my entire account was suspended from heritage but i guess this is what they do when they retract bids.

Are you getting a commission from this sale?

I’ve made a number of large purchases from member on this very forum and have paid those in full within 7 days (the 7 days is significant because that’s the timeframe heritage allows you). I was a legitimate bidder but ran into a financial situation that wouldn’t have allowed me to pay within the allocated 7 days. Your speculation of fake, false or deceptive bidding is fact less and should be kept to yourself if you have no idea what you are talking about.

I neither own any of the card nor will I receive any of the proceeds…but:

So you’re saying you’re one of the bidders who won’t honor a bid? I wasn’t personally judging you cause I didn’t have a clue who the bidders were. I should be thanking you though cause often multiple bidders who back out of their bid responsibility usually keep the price down for those who eventually win it and I might buy it myself. So thank you…maybe;)

Considering the price went from 22k down to 9.5k there were a lot of people who didn’t “honour their bids” as you say (keeping in mind the increments to 20k is 1k). It wasn’t about not “honouring my bid” it was about saving myself the embrassment of not being able to pay the bid in the given timeframe. My bids and finances are none of your business but as I stated previously my financial situation has changed. If you want to attempt to troll people and be patronising then that’s up to you but if this card is such a steal like you continuously post then stfu and bid on it yourself.

Why would I get edited?

1 Like