AMAZING UN-CUT SHEET FIND - Need some Information / Help

Back-Story: Roughly six months ago, I contacted someone in regards to purchasing some Pokemon Sheets for my collection. We began discussing what the seller had available - and I provided some basic information in regards to Pokemon Cards / Sets - seller is not into Pokemon Cards, but just so happened to stumble upon these sheets. Unfortunately, a few days into our conversation, I was called back to my full-time job (job that pays the bills for my collection) - so I disappeared for the next three months. Upon returning home, I was clearing-out my messages and came across our communications (had actually forgotten all about this while I was away). After some more back-and-forth with the seller, I was able to purchase the following sheets - just received them in the mail this morning!

Basic Information from Seller: The seller purchased these sheets from someone who claimed that these sheets were “production review” sheets - after WotC finalized the card design, they were sent-off for an initial printing. The sheets were then returned to WotC for a final review and approval before the mass-printing commenced.

Basic Information I have Gathered: There are a total of five sheets from the Neo Discovery Series - split into two different “sets”. The first three sheets are larger and contain all of the Rare, Un-Common, and Common Cards that were released within the Neo Discovery Set. There is one full sheet of Rare, one full sheet of Un-Common, and one full sheet of Common.

The other two sheets are smaller and contain all of the Un-Common, Common, and Energy Cards that were released within the Neo Discovery Theme Decks (Sheet for “Whallop” Theme Deck and Sheet for “Brain Wave” Theme Deck). These two sheets have the following text on the bottom-right: Property of Wizards of the Coast - Pokemon - English - Form 4 (Or 5) of 5 - Fixed PCD Whallop (Or Brain Wave)… Now, I know I have heard the term “PCD Sheet”. However, I forget exactly where I heard of this term - and what it stands for.

**The Sheets:

Rare Sheet:**

Un-Common Sheet:

Common Sheet:

Top Left - Rare, Un-Common, Common Sheet & “Press Approval” Sticker:

Whallop Theme Deck Sheet:

Brain Wave Theme Deck Sheet:

Bottom-Right - Theme Deck Sheet:

"Press Approval" Sticker - Theme Deck Sheet:

17 Likes

My Questions:

1.) Has anyone ever seen these Pokemon Sheets - either available for-sale and/or in a collection?
Personally, the only Neo Series Sheet I know of is the Neo Genesis Common Sheet

2.) Has anyone ever seen any Pokemon Sheets with this “Press Approval” Sticker?

3.) In regards to the Theme Deck Sheets; what is PCD?

Additionally, any information you have about these sheets and/or similar sheets would be very much appreciated - THANKS!

@oldskoolpokemon

PCD should mean preconstructed deck, most of the sealed theme deck cases have it written on front.

Ah interesting. I think I talked to the seller you bought these from. He mentioned having them with the intention of selling them. Cool to see what they are as I never saw photos!

1 Like

First time I have seen a uncut sheet of something else then base set and jungle

nice, gl having that shipped though :wink:

It says they already recieved them in the mail

I was going to suggest a very large hill and lots of pigeons…if ifs all sorted…no problem :wink:
How did they send please? rolled up?(just curious)

judging by the curl of the sheets I think that is a good bet my friend =)

THANK YOU - that was driving me crazy not being able to figure-out where I’d heard that acronym!!!

Funny Story… I un-packaged, looked-over, and took the pictures of these sheets in my eBay Office - and could not figure out that “PCD”! Well, just to the left of these sheets (outside of the picture) I have a display case where I keep some of my “better” collection. I have four Theme Deck Cases front-and-center all with big, bold font: “PRECONSTRUCTED THEME DECKS”! I feel stupid now… LOL

1 Like

NOOOOO!!! Haha

I was actually pretty impressed by the packaging! Seller placed all of the sheets into a “sleeve” - actually reminded me of a giant card sleeve (clear, flat bag that fit these sheets perfectly). Then rolled-up the sheets and placed into a BIG mailing tube and shipped Priority Mail.

1 Like

Wow congrats on this addition, they really look amazing. I would love to frame one of these to hang in my office :blush: .

2 Likes

Awesome sheets. It seems not too many people are that into them and there isn’t much information out there on them. Very little if any sales history on eBay either. I try to pick up anything new that I don’t have yet, but miss out on some things that seem to high priced, they really are all over the place. I think most if not all of them have questionable distribution methods except for the KB toys fossil holo sheet that was a part of a giveaway which I think factors into why there is such little information and sales history on them. Interesting stuff.

THANK YOU!

Yeah, it’s near impossible to get good information on these (and any really) un-cut sheets! Not only that, but it’s near impossible to even tell how many different un-cut sheets are out there - thought I had a good idea of the different un-cut sheets available, and then I stumbled upon these sheets - had never even known they existed! And forget about “fair-market” pricing; unless you’re selling the KB Toys Fossil or Neo Genesis Sheet, there really is not a “fair-market” value - basically whatever the seller feels like asking and whatever the buyer is comfortable with paying at the given time.

i wish i had a sheet but fuck shipping that to EU.
it’s really beautiful stuff, especially to just frame.

once saw a fossil one for sale for really cheap and it hurt so much lol.

1 Like

Wow nice find. They look to be in really good condition for there age, whoever had them knew how to store them well and take care of them.

I have a few uncut sheets, of different trading cards (not pokemon), and many get badly damaged or curled too hard leaving small creases. I have not seen the purple stickers on the sheet before like that, but it looks fairly official by the colouring of the cards etc. The bottom right text looks a little basic and different compared to how fossil and earlier sheets were printed, but my memory is sketchy with these as i am away from home. Rusty has some uncut sheets, he would know more. or Gary.

I have a lot but mainly older sheets. A few neo’s but really don’t recall which ones.

1 Like

I would be tempted frame it with glass on both sides.

1 Like

Omg, it just pictured that in mind… it would look sick! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had a couple two sided frames professionally made for YuGiOh UNCUT sheets. Here’s how they look imgur.com/gallery/uj2vo

1 Like