20th Anniversary Set/Evolutions Thread

got home and cracked 2 out of the 4 boxes right now. first box just got me Secret Misty, m charizard and venusaur ex with ninetails break. debating if I want to order more boxes from pokemon center japan online

there is this site right now

www.nippon-yasan.com/trading-card/18769-pokemon-card-game-xy-break-concept-pack-20th-anniversary-box.html

Video of my booster box openings below :grin:. Really happy got some epic pulls! I can do a full count of what was pulled tomorrow if people want.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE4jSYbWIVM

3 Likes

Answer some questions from the last 3-5 posts.

Yes, I is a kinda limited set. They donā€™t keep it in print like normal sets. Not sure about stores, but the Pokemon Center still has boxes. Ami Ami sells out because they are the cheapest for overseas orders and maybe the cheapest here in Japan, minus maybe a local store offering a really good deal.

$57 if including shipping is a decent price. It cost me $780 to ship in a small box. I guess if you got an even smaller box or use a bubble envelope you could get that down to $6.90. Retail is $48.60 per box.

I am assuming it was Tokyo Hobby. $57.60 per box, but he ships SAL. It could take a month or more for your package to arrive, though it could also arrive quickly. SAL is basically your at the back of the line Airmail. We have room we send it, otherwise it sits until we do.

Even the $53.00 option isnā€™t that bad if you can pick a faster shipping method. Of course these prices suck if Ami Ami does get the boxes in stock. But looking at Tokyo Hobby and seeing how fast they are selling, I donā€™t think I have ever seen a booster box sell so quickly on Ebay. I wouldnā€™t wait too long to get boxes if you want them.

1 Like

I bought some more off eBay last night because eBay offered me a voucher and I got the pricing to be the same as what I was paying anyway. Only difference Iā€™ll be waiting longer on shipping, but thatā€™s ok as theyā€™re for me anyway.

I agree, this set is selling incredibly fast.

Nippon-Yasan is basically sold out now too!

110% agree. No modern set has come close. I typically undercut everyone on ebay with Japanese CP boxes. Usually it is between myself, crosstrade and tokyo hobby. I donā€™t know if that will occur this time around. I donā€™t think businesses will be able to hold stock.

The natural flow of product is from distributor, to business, to customer. Once the distributor is out of stock, whatever is left on ebay or elsewhere is all that remains. I think this process will happen extremely fast for this set.

1 Like

well I just went to the japanese pokemon center site and they even sold out of their boxes of the set. only single boosters are left. this set might go faster than anything as of now

Looks like it was a good idea to get 10 boxes right away. I started with 2 and kept increasing as it got closer to release. I should get them tomorrow or Wednesday. Canā€™t freaking wait!

1 Like

Loos like AmI Ami just restocked.

thanks for the update!

1 Like

Still the cheapest for non-commercial buyers, but ouch, that 16% price increase!

1 Like

I should be getting mine in the post tomorrow.

Still waiting for my box I preordered on eBay. Iā€™m so hyped Iā€™ve been already looking for singles on eBay but havenā€™t bought anything as I want to open my box first.

Also, the price on the M Charizard EX FAā€¦ Iā€™d really like to have the card but itā€™s so expensive already that I hope Iā€™ll be lucky and pull it but with one box I think itā€™s not going to happen

1 Like

Itā€™d be good if we set up a trading thread for those of us who get duplicats, yes?

3 Likes

This is a great idea :blush:

If someone sets up that thread I will sticky it.

Done :blush:

Jesusā€¦

Your pulls are fantastic!

2 SR per box and a U (SR) per box is amazing!

1 Like

The results of my pulls are below, I opened 2 booster boxes.

4x Secret Rares

2x Secret Rare Uncommons (exeggutor and doduo)

2x EX Break

2x Regular EX

Holos:

3x Charizard

2x Lily Mew

1x Clefairy

1x Chansey

2x Poliwraith

2x Mewtwo

1x Zapdos

3x Raichu

3x Magneton

2x Machamp

3x Gyarados

3x Hitmonchan

2x Ninetales

2X Nidoking

Pictures

SRā€™s:

U SRā€™s:

EX Break and EXā€™s:

Holos:

My first box I pulled 2 holo charizards and 2 charizard secret rares :blush: What I found interesting and I donā€™t know if anyone else has found a pattern but the packs where I pulled the charizard secret rares both had a charizard holo in and the pack where I pulled the Pikachu secret rare had a Raichu holo in. Are they doing something with matching evolution lines together?

4 Likes

Thanks, I know right! Also as a charizard collector I donā€™t think this could have gone much better!! :grin:

2 Likes

Dang, amazing luck there! I hope I have some of it tomorrow when I (hopefully) get my boxes :grin:

2 Likes