20th anniversa japanese Mario and Luigi full art promo boxes

Hey guys, so i have an opportunity to buy the Mario and Luigi 20th anniversary promo pikachu boxes from someone who i know who visited japan a few years back:

i.imgur.com/pJzF8gf.png

He is firm on the price of $350 for both but the Mario box was already opened with cards sealed. would you guys say this is a good investment? do any of you foresee these boxes going up in the future or are they over saturated in Japan?

Also he will sell me the vulpix box for an additional $100 but i see these boxes selling for like $80 elsewhere online.

thanks! :blush:

Looking on Ebay you would spend more than that for both boxes. Seems like a fine deal to me.

1 Like

If they were both sealed it would be fair. Opened? I’d pass personally.

2 Likes

They went from $60 to $450 in a very short time period and their price seems to have settled now. I wouldn’t expect significant price movement for the next couple of years.

When you say investment, it depends on what you consider an investment. With the box not being sealed, you can’t really expect to make a profit re-selling it in the same condition as you bought it.

What you can do however, if you want to make this a great deal and if the cards are sealed and you are confident they are in mint condition, is to buy the box and grade the cards.

As long as they come back 10s, their graded value will definitely cover your costs and that value will hold/appreciate in a more stable way than ungraded cards.

As an added bonus, after you get the cards graded you can actually display them in your home and enjoy them in their full glory until such a time when you decide to sell.