Japan post stamp box and cards

I have failed to find any thread in the group about the japan post stamp box promo and the two full art cards.
The product seems very interesting to me in terms of collectible value, however the price for the sealed boxes and even the psa 10 cards feel low to me.
Comparing to other somewhat similar products like the mario/luigi promos and the munch scream set, the post promo seems to be both lower in supply and at a fraction of the price.
Although it has been just a few months since release so iā€™m guessing there are many in psaā€™s backlogs.
Do you see future potential for this product or why do you think itā€™s so much lower priced?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhā€¦ :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m unsure if they would release significantly more supply, but then again itā€™s not English product tooā€¦

Neither are the mario pikachus or the screaming set yet psa 10 copies are in the thousands. Even pikachu with a pop report of 1500+ is selling consistently for >$1400

1 Like

I can say that as of yesterday I bit the bullet and bought one of these with the stamps included.

I still live by my mistake of not buying the team rocket case for $300, so anything exclusive and Japanese like this is worth a punt and place in my collection.

2 Likes

I think it was a wise decision.
I picked up two boxes with the stamps and a psa 10 copy of the pikachu.
Increasing in value or not, still will look good on display, just like a mini piece of art.

1 Like

There are threads about this card already. I think whatā€™s holding people back from buying this card is the 100k release. People arenā€™t sure what to make of it. Is 100k low or high? I think the stamp box is more similar to the boxed pikachu releases like Kanazawa rather than the scream promos. Kanazawa had 2 waves of releases due to high demand. I wonder how many total copies of the Kanazawa box was released? If the stamp box has a similar print run to other specialty pikachu boxes, I think the cards will do very well in the long run.

I have flipped enough boxes to make my current two boxes ā€œcostlessā€. Also manage to keep the better-looking boxes for myself. Will continue to do so to expand the collection. Quite risk-free for me.

For graded copy, I think I would send the cards to PSA myself. Based on pop report, it seems like very high chance to get PSA 10.

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-japanese-market-thread/31400/1