2023 Worlds Announcements Predictions

Typically, Pokemon likes to announce certain things that will impact the next year’s competitive scenes. Stuff like new mechanics in the TCG or the video games…

Opening Ceremony is roughly 1 day, 4 hours from now. Closing ceremony will be Sunday evening (Japan time).

Let’s have some fun with specific predictions for what will be announced at Worlds this year…

I’ll start off with what I’m anticipating…

Opening Ceremony:
-DLC trailer recap from what was shown at the Presents yesterday.
-GO community event maybe
-SV4 (Paradox Rift) announcement with the logo, pack art, and a couple new cards (maybe with a special art or two shown as well) *
-Pokemon Classic release date internationally along with prices possibly and preorders starting soon

Closing Ceremony:
-DLC trailer showing off a couple new moves from a (likely) move tutor in the DLC and/or items in the DLC that will effect the VG meta
-a couple SV5 cards showing off the year 2 mechanic with or without the SV5 set name/logo
-* if the year 2 mechanic has something to do with paradox pokemon, this could be SV4 instead of SV5 and this prediction would be combined with the SV4 prediction
-New Unite character(s)? (honestly idk anything about unite)

1 Like

What you mention is possible. I don’t discard the possibility that they actually announce something. I think if that happens, they’ll provide more details about the next expansion in TCG aspect. And possibly more details about SV DLC. Probably also give details of a new Unite character (as you mentioned), and also more details of other games like Masters (which 4th anniversary is at the end of the month and they generally do an event in the game) …

New back for English

2 Likes

it’ll never happen lol

My bad I thought this was a worlds dreams thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think

They will

Announce

The location of world’s 2024!!!

1 Like

I’m thinking… West coast. Either Portland or somewhere in California

no spain hopium?

I have a theory that Spain would have been this year but covid pushed the schedule back 2 years so it will be in 2025

4 Likes

i could see that

I see canada worlds in the future in montreal

2 Likes

welp looks like once again, they’re not revealing anything for the opening ceremony, but the Paradox Rift ETB leaked

1 Like

no opening ceremony announcements but

• no dlc showcase or recap
  • Pogo did have a community even announced i believe, but i could be wrong
  • the japan stream did show off cards from sv3a on the first day which will be part of our SV4, and the SV4 ETB was accidently uploaded to the canada pokemoncenter site, so kind of right(?)
  • pokemon classic info wasn’t announced, but the cards were all there

closing ceremony

• dlc trailer did show of new moves, but no new items
  • the new mechanic ended up being pushed up to SV4, and they did tease a new (technically old and returning) big mechanic for sv5 (ace specs)
  • they did announce the next three unite characters

and of course, the free spot, they did announce next year’s location

so i guess i wasn’t too off :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like