2022 Pokemon Illustration Contest

I have a question about this contest. I was going to participate in it but I changed my mind for a specific reason. I have copied and pasted some rules of the contest below.

(vi) the software utilized to create your illustration,

*** Be 1080 pixels (width) x 680 pixels (height).**
*** Be in digital form (either .jpg or .png) (RGB).**
*** Be no larger than 3 megabytes (“MB”).**
*** Not use alphanumeric text or text expressions in the background.**
*** Be of satisfactory quality (i.e., brightness, focus, etc.) Any Submission submitted that is not of satisfactory quality may be rejected, at Sponsors’ discretion.**
*** Consist of appropriate content and conform to Pokémon brand.**

Based on the info above, I think you have use a drawing program to make your illustration. I don’t know how to use any drawing software. I wanted to do my drawing by hand. But, I don’t think they would accept hand-drawn illustrations.

Does anyone know if they accept hand-drawn pictures?

Are you referring to the 2022 Pokemon TCG Illustration Contest? That’s been over for a few months now, they are currently judging the finalists.

1 Like

Here is a thread with more information:

I know they stopped accepting applications a few months ago. I am not sure if they will hold the same contest next year. If they do, I am wondering whether or not they will accept hand-drawn illustrations as I am not familiar with any drawing software.

They don’t do these every year unfortunately. The last one that allowed non-Japanese applicants was almost a decade ago iirc. I’m pretty bummed I couldn’t participate in this one as I was Canadian at the time.

Still hypothetically, I don’t believe you need to do it digitally, it would just need to be scanned to be submitted. I’m pretty sure you can use any medium.

You can hand draw something but they require it to be submitted in a digital format (they’re not going to let you physically mail it in).

All that is required to get a physical hand drawing from reality onto your computer is a scanner / camera and a standard image editor like Microsoft Paint or the Apple equivalent.

1 Like