1st edition base set upgraded nm 8 conditions value

Hello, Im new to the forum. I found a complete set 1st edition that i totally forgot about. The cards are in great shape some light scratches on the holos and no whitening on the backs. What would be a reasonable price to sell these for? I’m not a collector, so I thought I’d come to the experts. Thanks

Are the holos included? Are we talking base set? (including charizard, venusaur, etc.)

Yes 102 cards

Is the full set in English as well?

Yes

It’s impossible to say without seeing the charizard because that’s like 50% of the set value in one card

According to PokemonPrice.com a true graded 8 set is valued at approximately $7000

www.pokemonprice.com/TotalSetPrices

I would expect between $1-6k ungraded. It’s basically impossible for me to say without seeing the holos though. The value is extremely sensitive to condition.

Are you sure it’s 1st Edition? Do you see the 1st edition stamp on each card? A lot of times, people that are new to Pokémon refer to the base set as 1st Edition cards.

We’ll need to see photos. If what you say all checks out, no matter what, you have a pretty good find here.

Is there a way to upload photos?

the easiest way is to upload to www.imgur.com and share the link here

HERE IS THE LINK imgur.com/gallery/HH9KtzH

1 Like

The charizard has a pretty chewed up back so who knows probably a couple thousand

That grey stamp Zapdos might add a tiny bit to the value if it finds the correct buyer.

Thanks

Ohhhhh ok it all makes sense now. That grey stamp zapdos was listed for a crazy high price ( $3,000 )

If you were to sell it what would you ask?

That’s a pretty baller set you’ve got. I would not let it go cheaply. If you are serious about selling, I would at least get all the holos and rares graded first, as that is relatively cheap compared to how much it can boost your cards values.

Without seeing the cards in person I’d offer 6-7,000.

Kpod I’ve never graded a card before. I’m not really sure how to go about that. But, if it really increases the value by a bunch I’ll have to look into it. Is there a specific company or place.

Www.psacard.com

Not zelda do you live in Gilroy. I’m in Fresno maybe I could bring the cards to you.