1st Edition Base Set Prices 1 Year Ago - 3/25/17

Hi everyone,

I was looking through my computer today trying to find a file and came across this spreadsheet I had made on 3/25/17, almost exactly a year ago. I made it with the intention of analyzing the premium that PSA 10s command over PSA 9s on high-end cards. I found the data interesting to go back over and I hope you guys think so as well. Also, note that I wrote the population at the time, and I’ll let someone else do the dirty work on how many copies have been graded since then. I’d love to see that!

A couple of notes:

• Italicized numbers mean I was only able to find a singular datapoint, the rest I took the average, rounding to the nearest $50.
  • RIP to all other uncommons and commons. Apparently I looked at how many there were and thought “screw that”. Arcanine is the chosen one.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

I’ve been pulling the base set 1st edition and shadowless pop reports at least once a week so eventually I’ll have some longitudinal data to post on how the pop reports are changing over time.

dat 2000% premium for a dragonite psa 10. You can be a scumbag and buy 10 psa 9 copies, crack n’ send and 1 is bound to come back a 10 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

very sad but true.

So true. That’s my opinion of any card that has such a wide gap between 9-10. Shadowless Zard comes to mind tbh. I would never pay $15k+ even if I had 1 billion dollars, when 9s can be had for like $1500.

It’s actually surprising that Beedrill goes for almost half less yet it’s half the pop.

No reason to Pidgeotto!s market price?

1 Like