1st base Charizard psa 8 price evaluation?

A couple at 15k and another at just below 16k.

I was waiting to see where the PWCC cards landed.

*shocked pikachu face*

1 Like

I would value it around 10-15k. I believe it will go up as long everyone collecting wotc pokemon. At a certain point you just want to have a base 1st edition eng in your collection.
who knows what the future brings. maybe next year an 8 is 100K, maybe it’s 15k or maybe it’s 3k.

1 Like

The BGS 8 from PWCC at $14.6k has been marked as paid for in the auction archive, so I can’t see anyone wanting to sell a PSA 8 for less than that… It wasn’t a particularly strong BGS 8 either.

3 Likes

You can literally not overpay for a 1st Ed Base Zard anymore. Every new record price just sets the new floor price.

2 Likes

If an 8 ever hits $3,000 again I’ll give you mine for free.

4 Likes

Well, that would be kind of you. But would not be happy at the financial side of what I collected haha

1 Like

Not an 8, but I’ve declined several offers between $10K and $12K for my PSA 7 copy. I would think an 8 would be at least $15K at this point, especially with the next highest grade being $30K+.

2 Likes

Curious how you guys think a psa 9 holo shadowless set 1-16 matches up with a strong psa 8 1st edition zard?

Id take the zard personally

1 Like

The main value here lies within the starters, depending on what condition they actually are it might be a good trade. I´d try to get a few higher end items though compared to 16 single items.

Hello all,

I see a psa 8 just sold today oct 5th. The price was for 22k but there was a best offer option but not sure if it was utilized. Any Info let me know!

1 Like

I can check; do you have a link to the completed listing?

1 Like

For whatever it’s worth, and I know offers aren’t sales, but I’ve had two legitimate offers at 25k USD for my PSA 8.5 Thick Stamp. I turned them down.

I think we’ll start to see those psa 8 listings dry up in the coming weeks (or increase listing price) after the news about that $50K psa 9. Will be interesting to see where all of the Charizard grades end up a month or so from now.

4 Likes

$50k for a 9?! Where?!

A PSA 7 just sold for 10k for the first time this year on my watch. An 8 should then be about 13-18k without a doubt. The only way for you is to wait for an auction. The asking prices are insane right now man. INSANE. People asking 17-20k for a 7. Get outta here with that crap.

It’s in the tracking PSA 10 1st edition base set thread in price and market discussion. @jermypadawer, confirmed it on page 27 and then subsequent discussion.

www.elitefourum.com/t/tracking-1999-pokemon-psa-10-base-set-1st-edition/28629/1

1 Like

One sold for $11.5K a couple weeks ago on eBay.

Also, for those comparing BGS to PSA, BGS is inferior all the way up to a 9 grade. When it comes to 9.5 BGS, it is just as good as a 9 PSA, and could possibly be a 10, just like how any PSA 9 could easily be a 10 on the right day. But anything BGS 9 or lower? Total crap compared to PSA. As many have mentioned, BGS cards have 9s or 8.5 and have noticeable wear and whitening and all that crap. Because BGS puts emphasis on edges over surface. Can you believe that? PSA just does an all around grade, factoring surface and holo just as much as edges. People who are buying BGS 9 or lower for the same price as their PSA equivalent number grade are getting ripped off. I wish I could get the word out on this one. I’ve been studying it with acute attention lately. A BGS 9 1st ed Venusaur sold the other day for 6.7k. It had whitening on the back. Such a ripoff it is not even funny. Was easily a PSA 8 at best.