1999-2000 Jungle Booster Box Opened

E4,

I sold a 1999-2000 Jungle Booster box recently that was made in Belgium. I’ve never seen one opened before and genuinely did not know what would be inside. Low and behold the buyer gifted it to a friend who opened it. The booster packs were exactly as expected:

• Long Crimp Packs
  • Curved WOTC Logos
  • English Unlimited cards
  • 1999-2000 dates on Packs

I have not watched the entire video yet in detail. However, I was hopeful the super analytical, OCD, detail fanatic, must identify every possible variant out there collectors here could try to see if there are any differences with the printing. It could be something as small as the HP being fixed on Vulpix as it was in the 1999-2000 print run. The most notable difference so far is the rarity order: Uncommons, Rare, Commons.

LINK

Thank you ahead of time for your help. Wouldn’t it be cool to identify something new and unique?

-GMP

13 Likes

Scyther, Pidgeot, and Flareon were my favorite holos from that set. It’s hard to find as stunning backgrounds nowadays as those. Simple and amazing colors.

4 Likes

Very cool! I have one of those boxes and really wasn’t sure how to value it either. Nice to know! Thank you!

1 Like

There is a printing difference here however it’s very small and not very noticeable. The 1999-2000 Jungle Boxes have a slightly different card stock to the normal Jungle cards. Best example of this would be the difference in card stock between Shadowless Pikachu and the CD Shadowless Pikachu. Besides that there is no difference. There is definitely a market for them though as I for one plan on buying them as my next set after Base 2000 is finished up.
@gemmintpokemon

Mjisaacs

1 Like

Do these 1999-2000 jungle cards have the same card stock as the Australian Red Logo jungle cards? I know the Jungle cards from the Red Logo packs have a semi-glossy back of the card. Not as glossy as the Japanese peel-promos of Vending Machine cards, nor as glossy as the recent Unbroken Bonds glossy Common errors, but certainly more glossy than regular cards. Here is a picture of both a regular (US printed) and Australian Red Logo Jungle Pikachu:

With the one on the left that’s more glossy, we can distinguish the individual LEDs of my flashlight, whereas this is a general vague light spot on the reflection of a regular card.

Is the printing different of these 1999-2000 Jungle cards similar, or is more like the glossy vs matte vs matte with semi-glossy border printing differences of the Base Set cards like these below?

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

This was a very cool video to watch :blush:
I have quite a few of my 1999-2000 jungle cards.