Jungle Glossy Card Stock

How do you tell the difference between card stock for Jungle? I know there was a regular release as well as a glossy card stock release. I tried putting it under a flashlight but that only helps if you know what you are looking for… if someone could shed some light (no pun intended) on how exactly to tell the difference that would be great

Thanks,
Mjisaacs

The Jungle cards with semi-glossy back are from Red Logo packs from Australia. I doubt you’ll find a lot in just bulks of Jungle cards.

Without a flashlight it’s indeed barely noticeable. Even with a flashlight it’s hard to spot if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Personally I’ve used a flashlight with multiple LEDs to see the difference. Here are the two Pikachus I have:

The one on the left is from the Red Logo packs, where you can see the LEDs individual reflections. The one on the right is more vague, and just a single reflection.

When I was looking for this Pikachu I simply contacted Australian sellers who were selling Red Logo Jungle packs and booster boxes. One of them opened some of them already, and had a few Pikachus lying around, and I was happy he did.

From all the Pikachu cards I have, this one is probably hardest to distinguish from each other. The 2D and 3D stamped Base Set Pikachus and Shadowless Yellow Cheeks from the Base Set and Japanese CD Promo are a close second and third, but those at least have some visual difference between them. Although you still have to have good eyes to see the difference at the stamp, and a flashlight will still need to prove the difference between the Shadowless Yellow Cheeks, even though the Japanese CD Promo is overall lighter. EDIT: Oh, and the Matte, Semi-Glossy, and Semi-Glossy Bordered Base Set Pikachus of course.

Best thing to do is buying Red Logo Jungle packs and open them yourself. :wink: But if you really think you have some Australian Red Logo Jungle cards among a bulk of Jungle cards, you should use the right kind of flashlight to see those differences in side-by-side comparisons like above.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The glossy card stock australian jungle print is exactly the same as the 1999-2000 copyright fossil cards. There may be some more information here that’d help :blush:

www.elitefourum.com/t/pokemon-fossil-1999-2000-australian-3rd-print-run/11344/1

@quuador
Do the matte, semi glossy, and semi glossy border cards exist for every card or just for Pikachu cards? Also does Fossil Holo cards exist with this glossy card stock as well since they don’t exist with the different copyright date?
Mjisaacs

matte base cards exist for all common base unlimited cards. https://instagram.com/p/BYoaXMRF4Np
matte base 1st edition cards I believe exist for all rares only. But I cannot confirm this.

The semi-glossy border cards I’ve seen a number of time but depending on the card color and level of use/ play I deemed them too small of a variation to collect.

Fossil holos from 1999-2000 print are not distinguishable from holos found in regular packs in my experience.

2 Likes