151 Wartortle HP error

Has anyone else been pulling HP error Wartortles from 151?

A quick Google search, I found a post on Reddit about it, with one person showing a picture with a less prominent HP ink blot and one person replying saying they pulled the same card.

8 Likes

These type of ink errors can effect entire batches of sheets so it’s not surprising to see it appear multiple times

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply and information.

Do you reckon they’ll potentially become recogonized as a common enough error to be acknowledged by grading companies?

CGC will give it an “extra ink” designation or something like that. Whether it will become popular enough to have a special name and designation, I really doubt it. Most errors outside of Base, Jungle, Fossil don’t really have special names

4 Likes

I’ve got a Marowak with this error I think on the height. Haven’t seen it elsewhere.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they most likely will not be recognized. It is very hard to get companies to recognize variants, there are card errors that are much more common and still aren’t recognized :frowning: Like pfm said, your best bet is to submit it to CGC and it will either get the “Additional Ink” or “Printer Hickey” designation.

1 Like

It probably won’t get recognised but if it is consistently in the same area like in those pics, I personally think it should if Base-Fossil ink and scratch errors get their own names and legendary status. Don’t see why that sort of thing should be gatekept behind only vintage/WOTC but that is just my opinion. To me they are exactly the same thing as stuff like the ‘D’ Butterfree or those Blastoise’s with red ink dots.

Officially here and now, this is going to be known as “Ink Splat Wartortle” :grin:

3 Likes