Print Ink Error No Number Topsun Charizard

Hi everyone,

Part time WOTC error pokemon collector and Noob to E4 that has randomly found a No Number Charizard in his collection. It has a blue (identical to the Japanese writing blue!) ink splodge underneath the varnish on the back of the card.

I was pointed here by a few big collectors on Insta and have a tonne of questions;

• I would love to grade it with PSA but I’m scared the card wouldn’t be recognised as a (PD) but instead an (MK) or just a very low grade without recognising it? I’ve emailed Lukdins about grading it but again I’m just worried it’s not recognised
  • how on earth it would be formed. Was the ink still wet when the varnish was placed over the back of the card?
  • if it is an actual print defect does it do anything to the overall selling price of the card. I realise it makes it one of a kind and frankly I’ll probably end up selling it as I have way too much debt and my Pokemon addiction will probably end up bankrupting me haha

Here it is; imgur.com/gallery/5vFm0pO

If anyone has any info or can be of any help I’d be SUPER appreciative!

Thanks

Elliott

Neat card! I’m a big fan of those and have a few also.

Given how close the color of the spot is to the color of the lettering, it certainly appears to be a misprint. But it’s impossible to say one way or the other as to how they will view the defect because it’s subject to the opinion of the grader.

In my experience it’s uncommon for a card to receive a qualifier of any kind, whether PD, MK or otherwise. I’d expect a PD qualifier is more likely from the two.

1 Like