Yugioh collectors

They are what Blastoise and Venusaur are to Charizard.

Anyone know the latest prices for: PSA 10 LOB-001 Blue Eyes White Dragon 1st edition?

Around 4.5-6k. FYI: If u are looking at the pwcc one, it is NOT the NA version (Asian American one) and doesnt command the same price.

From what I see on PWCC’s tool, it looks like 1st Print is around $5-6k and 2nd Print is $2-3k.

If you’re asking because of the Blue-Eyes that PWCC just listed within the past day, then note that it’s actually the Asian-English edition and not what the label says.

https://instagram.com/p/BwPcqghgPDx

I just got back into Yugioh. Is there a Facebook group to buy/sell Yugioh cards like Virbank for Pokemon? Are there other good resources I can look at for learning about how the vintage market has performed and what interesting things have happened since then? Thanks in advance :blush:

I noticed that the back of the card has the Asian Yugioh Logo rather than the english.

I think there is a FB group but I usually just follow people on Instagram, a lot of the bigger collectors are there and lots of trading goes on around there outside of Ebay.

So far, the only people I know that does some type of discussion on what goes on in the collector’s market are Tims Cards and Games and Ghezzi TCG. Ghezzi does live stream discussions every now and then with other collectors that he’s acquainted with but it’s not recorded.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong (I’m still not the best at differentiating 1st and 2nd print), but I’m pretty sure it’s the second print that sold for $6k – historically, it also seems like the 1st and 2nd print for BEWD commands similar prices.

1 Like

Anyone have tips for distinguishing between 1st and 2nd print?

For differentiating between the two prints, I find this video to be very good at explaining and showing the difference.

Ghezzi has been tracking the certs of the Blue-Eyes population and I’m trusting that his information is accurate. From his spreadsheet from a stream he did recently, there are very few wavy Blue-Eyes compared to glossy.

I believe first print, or wavy, is the more coveted compared to the second print, or glossy, due to one point in scarcity.

I’ve reviewed the history using PWCC’s tool for listings that specifically state the print run and there’s definitely some large variation for wavy Blue-Eyes, I’m unsure if that has anything to do with the recent spikes in SDK Blue-Eyes as well or not, however if we’re talking some of the more recent sales, that would be where my estimate of $5-6k comes from. If you take out the word “print” and see everything else, there’s a giant range of $2k to $4k.

Without clearer pictures and having light to assist in identifying those cards, I guess they could be either or. I may have been a little too quick to slap out an estimate given the uncertainty and how scarce it is to see these cards out in the market (well, Ebay specifically).

Ahh I see – I use eBay sold listings coupled with PSA’s Auction Prices Realized. Good to know there’s a prices realized for PWCC as well! It does seem like all 3 (eBay, PSA, and PWCC) are missing certain sales respectively, and none of the platforms differentiate between a successful sale and a non-successful (non-paying) sale (although it’s pretty easy to tell which listings were paid and not paid for). For example, PSA/eBay show the $6k second print sale, but omit the $5.5k first print sale that PWCC has recorded.

I’m going to to refrain from valuing the Blue-Eyes PSA 10 because it’s currently experiencing exponential growth - I bet that if the card were listed for $8k it would sell. I’d like to see where prices remain once they stagnate - for now (based on historical sales), I’m going to stick with my statement that the 1st and 2nd print prices are going to be relatively similar (though the 1st print may sell at a higher price point for collectors looking to collect 1st prints) just due to the sheer popularity of blue-eyes white dragon, so I wouldn’t expect to be able to afford the second print if I couldn’t to afford the first print, for instance.

Edit - also to throw in my 2c for the recent spikes, I don’t think the LOB prices spiked because of SDK prices, but I do think they spiked for the same underlying reason (nostalgia). This general increase in prices was almost expected by those who have collected Pokemon/MTG, as it follows perfectly in line with the spikes seen in these tcgs (Pokemon TCG is ~3-4 yrs older than Yugioh TCG, and card prices for Pokemon began to really spike ~4-5 yrs ago) - people are beginning to really feel the nostalgia for yugioh - it’s not just a blue-eyes thing (although it’s most severe in Blue-Eyes because it’s the Charizard of yugioh), it’s a general old-yugioh thing. I’ve always had the thought in the back of my mind that this might happen, and it’s honestly surprising to me how much it parallels what happened with pokemon TCG prices (most likely because I’m a youngin who is not even old enough/savvy enough to have been a part of MTG or sports cards :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I like to break these out every couple of years.

Nobody else in the world owns one of these badges or the sheet it came from. It’s cut from an authentic Eye Of Anubis 1st Ed Gold sheet.

11 Likes

Anyone know the value or range of a PSA 10 Dark Paladin 1st edition MFC (corrected art)? I couldn’t find any sold listings. Thanks in advance.

Last one sold for 5k a few months ago on ebay that im aware of.

That badge is very cool. Pretty jelly of it.

1 Like

That badge and sheet really is amazing, it’s cool to see the usually small Eye of Anubis repeated and shown as a whole.

1 Like

https://instagram.com/p/BwlH0rmgHJK

It looks like PSA has added both Yugioh and MTG (1993->1994 range) to SMR’s May 2019 volume.

2 Likes

The psa magazine prices are from October last year and were provided to psa by Ghezzi. Prices have since spiked overall, and I know of at least 5 sales of psa 10 lob blue eyeses around 6k, with one glossy print selling for close to 7k. Wavy print is more scarce in psa 10 for whatever reason, and we’ve seen only 2-3 sales of those at 5.5-6k but that was a few months ago. I’d say glossy print is a solid 6k currently and wavy print 8kish but I think as time goes on the price gap between wavy and glossy will become less. I refrain from calling it “1st print” and “2nd print” because it’s misleading and there’s actually more telltale signs and evidence that glossy print either came first or was printed at the same time as the wavy cardstock print.

3 Likes

It’s about 4k-4.5k currently. At least 8 were recently graded in 10 but not sure how that will affect the price.

1 Like

Speaking of, does anyone happen to have a psa 10 lob bewd for sale? I’m in the market to purchase one and will pay well

What will you pay for an Unl one?