YU NAGABA returns - Eeveelutions collaboration

Add me to the list of eBay buyers who bought the full set who had their order cancelled today (125USD) because the seller realised they can charge more for it

2 Likes

Hard negative feedback for that. They probably weren’t planning on shipping for a week to see if the price went up or not. But if it went down, they would happily ship at the release day price.

Check your Buyee order page – it’ll show if the seller has shipped the item or not. If they haven’t shipped within 4 biz days I would say you ain’t gettin em lol

Yup.

Hello!

sorry. The item you purchased is out of stock as it is sold on other sites as well. really sorry.

We are planning to replenish our inventory.
There is no prospect of supply, and there is a high possibility that the delivery will be significantly delayed compared to the original delivery, which will cause inconvenience to customers.

Is it possible to cancel the transaction?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sales have exceeded our expectations, and we will manage our inventory well in the future.

really sorry.

:clown_face:

ah, its doomed

Negaitve feedback is the only way to stop this behavior, it sucks.

I will find it funny when sellers cancel these orders, then no one buys them at the inflated or original prices

1 Like

I bought a lot within the first 12 hrs. I thought 1100yen per pack and 10000yen per box are alright prices to hold long-term. Some orders were cancelled, but 200+ packs and 6 boxes shipped.

1 Like

You did well. The prices basically doubled overnight

I have to admit reading your posts talking about how you’re waiting is what convinced me to buy right away, but by that time I was already too late.

Haha I am happy to hear my advice was taken the opposite way.

2 Likes

My bat senses were tingling when the price of a sealed pack at release(1000 Y) was less than a Yu Nagaba Pikachu ever went(1280 Y).

I only bought one set of 10 from Yahoo. We’ll see if we get it.

Been seeing a lot of orders being cancelled, hope yours goes through! I thought 1,000 yen was a fair price, that is basically free product after selling the card (minus feee and shipping)

It just seems somewhat random.

Red’s Pikachu, Grand Prix Charizard and the Stamp Boxes are great examples of promos that drove significant hype and were printed in large enough quantities to accomodate international demand.

The question seems to be, whether they try to adjust promo print runs individually based on guesstimates, rather than just saying ‘we will print 300k of each promo for a year and then adjust from there’.

Maybe the fact that the Nagaba Pikachus weren’t that popular and are still widely available for cheap on the secondary market, made them think the Eevees wouldn’t require a large print run.

This is a bit of aside but the stamp boxes were made with absolutely no international demand in mind. You needed a Japanese address to apply for the lottery and you needed to pick up from a post office. At that time it was basically impossible for any non-Japan resident to get to stamp box without paying 5X the coat that lottery winners paid. There isn’t a single Japanese promo that has been printed with international aftermarket demand in mind. And supply numbers within Japan are completely arbitrary.

1 Like

This is fine. I’m not asking them to supply the whole world with Japanese cards (although possibly some translated cards being released worldwide would be nice). However, the issue is that except for possibly the stamp box, there are enough foreigners that want the promos that actual Japanese people end up not being able to get cards due to resellers/middlemen that buy merch/booster boxes/promos exclusively to send them abroad. While they don’t have to print enough for the whole world, they should probably take into account that there will be a decent amount of foreign interest that will affect availability within Japan for Japanese people.

I could be completely wrong. But this, plus the shortage for the last expansion, plus the Eevee Heroes initial shortage, shows that demand far outweighs supply. And I’m pretty sure they can figure out which cards/Pokemon would cause that.

Just to clarify, I did not say they were printed with international demand in mind, but rather in large enough quantities to maintain a balance in the secondary market despite the hype.

Personally, I do not think any Japanese promos should catter directly to the international market as that would detract from what is special about them.

Now, not cattering to international markets, does not mean not acknowledging their existence, so running a promo that barely satisfies demand on the domestic market while you are aware of international demand pressure is where the problem lies.

To me it would be a matter of running promos for at least a week, and supplying enough product to ensure that anyone who went to the Pokemon center for that time period would get one. Then you would have a ballpark figure for future promos.

Going restrictive with lotteries is where they have it wrong in my opinion. Instead, they should open the floodgates first, and then adjust upwards or downwards. By restricting access, you are sure to put even more pressure on the demand side.

I don’t often praise TPCi but (even though I got somewhat burned by it) the Charizard UPC release was absolutely perfect. Resellers need some curveballs thrown at them every now and then, so the average collector can remain engaged in the hobby without resenting it.

2 Likes

The TCG accessories were cleared out in shibuya center. Everything else was untouched.

1 Like

Just saw that it will be up to 3 weeks for shipping from pokemon center! :woozy_face:

Just came here to say that. I got the email too. Orders will take about 3 weeks from the date, potentially even longer depending on future orders (which I think is a little unfair). Even if you chose a specific date and time, it likely won’t be honoured. Shipping time is also dependent on the contents of the box, and orders won’t be shipped in the order they were paid for.

yeah, pretty lame. Was hoping to grade mine before my psa membership expires lol. But my 3 orders are already preparing for shipment, so maybe that’s a good sign.

1 Like