Your Vstar Universe Box Isn’t Re-Sealed

I just wanted to share this as someone mentioned it in patreon, the factory wrap for vstar boxes is not consistent. I put aside a handful of boxes that had a more lose wrap. Here are side by side comparisons of boxes pulled from the same case:

You can see the one on the right is much different. I had at least one box like this from every booster case. Ultimately this is not a sign of a re-wrap.

24 Likes

Wow, those wraps are significantly different. I can see why some would think it’s resealed.

6 Likes

If you have trouble selling these to anxious customers, I (and I suspect many e4 members) will be happy to purchase them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The next rumour is that god packs are in the janky looking ones :chart_with_upwards_trend: (if not they’re resealed)

5 Likes

I thought about opening all of them to see if there is any pattern! :brain:

4 Likes

I can see how someone would be concerned if they bought that from Japan, it def looks really loose.

But then again, why would somebody resealing boxes do that lousy a job!?

Really A+ example given that they come from the same case.

1 Like

Whats that cool looking tablecloth/mousepad thing behind the boxes

1 Like

Sorry to bump this old topic.

I’ve ordered boxes from a reputable European seller – 2nd batch now. Last time I opened some 20 boxes and they all were legit, with one exception where the SAR was missing (which might be a manufacturing error though).

I’ve checked the remaining boxes from the 1st batch and they all have clean seams. From the 2nd batch, roughly 1/3 of the boxes look a bit more rugged on the seams.

Here’s a comparison:

Upper box:

Lower box:

Some people claim that boxes with clean seams are the only legit ones. Can anybody confirm this? I know the wrapping is all over the place (as can be seen in smpratte’s photos), but does this also apply to the seams?

Nonsense, I resealed mine myself to scam people. Please don’t discredit my hard work.

3 Likes

@SouthernIslander Have you checked for juice?

1 Like

Yo wtf. This definitely changes the pace of this thread from “stop asking, it’s not resealed” to “yeah it could be resealed and filled with juice boxes” :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

In fact I’ve already sent the juice packs to PSA. Here’s hoping for a PSA 10 Orange Juice!

1 Like

God bless these comments :joy:

ScreenM

ScrM

4 Likes

End of the story: I opened one of the boxes. It was legit. I pulled a Charizard.
Always good to have excuses to open stuff!

But … where’s my breakfast juice?

4 Likes

Not to hash this back up, the seller refunded me but what do you guys think lol? Idk anything about Yu gi Oh. Apparently i’ve been striking out this year O.x:

P.S. ignore the dog hair, sorry lol

So this seller informed you of possible reseals, identified the resealed product, and refunded you for them? I’d open at least one more to make sure the others are real, but it sounds like the seller is a good and honest person that was scammed from a separate individual that he bought from.

4 Likes

Yeah it was nice they did that, i opened a few more and ya it was junk. I just suck identifying some of the reseals, how can you tell, it just didnt seem blantantly obvious in this one like ive seen in others.