Your Thoughts on the New Two-Pack Blister Product

We caught wind of these two-pack blisters that feature a pack of Darkness Ablaze and a pack of Sword & Shield back in May. After watching Squeaks’s video on what this could do to the market, I kept an eye out for them for the last few days when I went to Walmart, Target, etc.

I’ve seen dozens of them.

Are you cracking them and reselling the cards for profit? Are the blisters hardly allocated in your area that we’re going to see the value modern cards (at least in these two sets) tank? Have you personally seen any of these are you chomping at the bit to take advantage of this deal?

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

1 Like

I picked some of these up over the weekend and thought they were great. The price per pack was so cheap that it literally didn’t matter if I pulled anything big or not. Big fan.

2 Likes

I saw a ton of them at my walmart, but didnt look at the price

Now i feel like an idiot lol

1 Like

I opened 3 and got 5 green codes and a Darkrai holo :slightly_frowning_face:

Bought 6 on pokemoncenter last night, since someone mentioned it on ig.
I was like why not.

At $2.50/pack I feel like you cannot go wrong

1 Like

If they did this at the beginning of the release of a set, it’d be a cool early bird gets the worm 1st edition equivalent. Of course if the trend continued I’m sure a handful of nerds would camp out at walmarts on release day and buy every single one. Regardless, I thought they were really cool. I got 40 of them for a total of 80 packs and got 1 secret rare and 2 full arts so I definitely did not have fun opening them lol

2 Likes

They are a pretty good deal, but for me the pull rates have been terrible. I believe I’m at 60 purchased, and I’m on average pulling 3-4 ultra rares or better per 20 packs for each DAB and SWSH base. I guess it might have been easier to say I’m pulling 6-8 per 40 packs from both sets combined. The kicker is a lot of the rare cards are worthless from both sets. Many of the ultra rares are worth less than $4, so I’m not sure you’re going to make much. I lucked out and 2 of my first 20 packs had Crobat V’s in them to help cover the initial costs. I was 0 for 40 on the rest though for Crobats or Charizards.

At the end of the day, if you want to crack packs or gamble, and only have Walmarts/Targets to purchase from, then this isn’t a bad deal at all.

1 Like

I think these will be popular items long-term as it displays the pack art perfectly and protects the pack. Also the blister pack means they’re less likely to be tampered with (in theory). I haven’t bought any yet but I think eventually you’ll see these items being clearanced for something like $2.99 each at places like target and walmart. Might also be able to stack with % off toy coupons (often at target). I’m planning on loading up on these during x-mas when you know every store is going to be fighting for your dollar. Champion’s path will be released by then but my guess is it will be like hidden fates where you can’t find it.

I always find it fun to see how The Pokemon Company experiments with pricing and how they explore different product packages. Will be interesting to see what releases they come up with as we near holiday season.

Out of 36 packs or 18 2-pack blisters I got:
3 holos
4 regular V
1 VMAX FA

It definitely felt underwhelming. The VMAX FA as eternatus which I didn’t have.

Those rates are abysmal. I really hope this is simply bad luck and not par for these blisters.

Checked at my Walmart after reading this thread earlier and they’re sold out. I am not very interested in modern but the discounted price of this definitely has me interested in getting some!

Had some fun and bought one each of the eeveee and flareon triple booster sets - lovely artwork on those two cards btw.
Also picked up a double booster. First ever modern purchase.

They are £4 each over here in the UK!

We always seem to be ripped off compared to the states, unless we’re on the subject of healthcare of course . . . I digress apologies :wink:

I didn’t pull the Zard in the darkness ablze set however so im slightly dissapointed.

Do these double boosters actually represent good value for money? What are the typical chase cards in the bonus booster?

I agree with the underwhelming feeling. I bought a total of 10 2-pack blisters over the last few days and have pulled 2 holos, 1 V and 1 FA.

They were $4.19 a pack at Target, and get 5% off that with target card.
So $3.99 for two packs
Bought 10 blisters
Got a few nice pulls including two secrets
(Rose and Turbo Patch) and two full arts (Salamence V and Pokemon breeder) .
Not single pull out the S&S packs though.

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe its confirmation bias but I was pretty disappointed in my pulls as well, from 11 2-pack blisters. Can’t remember exactly what I pulled but it wasn’t great.

Looks like you got the best pulls so far. Hopefully others have some luck. It’s a great deal but so far no one besides you has pulled much of anything out of everyone who has posted

1 Like

I bought twenty and did pretty good. 2 V 2 full art V and a rainbow Vmax!

2 Likes

I’ve opened 7 and have only had luck with the S&S packs: one V (Sableye), one VMAX (Snorlax), and one secret (Zacian V)

1 Like