Your Thoughts on the New Two-Pack Blister Product

For $2 a pack it’s fun to open with the kid.
That’s about the same as getting a booster box worth of cards for $72. Only thing that could make that a better deal is to replace S&S with a better set. But can’t complain.

2 Likes

I have bought 8 in total, 16 booster packs(incase you cant maffz XD)

1 Holo rare Milotic
1 Bosses order full art (cant complain about this one, it will be ebayed as it is expensive due to playability)
1 Stunfisk v Full art
13 non holo rares

They are great value, the price per pack is really good! However my luck with pulls has been underwhelming. Without the Bosses orders I would have lost all my money lel. I was hoping for on of the cool V/VMAX cards, it may be better to just buy outright. The prices for most of the cards are sub $5/£4 ish. I have some more on the way, after those I will likely not buy more unless I can get a discount.clearance on them. Ill have got my fill and wasted enough money gambling on nothing :stuck_out_tongue: On the plus side, the bulk cards are used in my set binders so thats something!

I said in a previous comment that my pulls were abysmal. Well, I preordered a sealed 24 pack from a seller a few months back and that just came today. The pulls from the sealed box, which was probably a coincidence, were way better. So it’s tough to say with these things. I had 2x pulls out of my last 24 packs than my first 60 packs.

Out of 24 SWSH packs: 7 Pokemon V, 1 Pokemon V FA, 4 VMAX, and 1 FA trainer.

Out of 24 Darkness Ablaze packs: 6 Pokemon V, 2 FA, 1 RR, 1 FA trainer.

I was blown away how many pulls we got out of the sealed box of these.

At one point gamestop had them at B1G1 50% off for something stupid like $1.57 after taxes per pack. I opened 20 and got pretty insane hits from the SWSH packs. Basically 50% pull rate with half FA or better. For a pack opener this is one of the most cost-effective product they have ever made.

3 Likes

Out of of 14 packs or 7 blister I got

2 Holos
1 regular V

Standard price for 1 loose Booster Pack at a toy store is £3.99 here in the UK, These 2 pack blisters are the same price so you are getting an extra pack for free or paying £2 per booster which ever way you want to look at it so it’s great value for money compared to normal.

I bought 5 (10 packs total) at the weekend for £19.95

All of the packs included a Rebel Clash booster for me.

I bought another 3 (twin boosters) today
Pulled a vmax scizzor and a vmax eternatus.
Comes after pulling the normal ‘V’ variants the other day from the 7 I opened.

Just seen the set count, over 200 cards!! For both darkness and rebel clash . . I feel its going to be expensive to complete both sets

Whats with the reverse holos btw? Is there one of every card or what?

Bought some from gamestop during the sale, 20 to be exact.

1 Rainbow Morph on the 1st pack and secret rare ordinary rod in my second, 1 full art Rose, 3 regular V (torkal, crobat, stun) Crobat V full art and on my last pack, after literally getting 8 non holos in a row, Charizard Vmax Full art.

Felt really lucky, so I picked one of my DBS Assault of the sayian boxes at random (dropped a rubber band and opened the box it landed on) and pulled a trunks signature. So my day was pretty great.

1 Like

Those SWS pull rates are insane. Looks like they’re playing hard to get with DAA tho haha.

From the looks of it, rates are still pretty random and this is still a gamble to an extent…goal would be to pull en masse and pray you hit the Charizard VMAX.

I opened 4 more, I got a centiskorch v and a dubwool v, 2 holo cards and 4 non holo rares from the 8 packs.

I have found some cosmic eclipse packs pretty cheap…I am very tempted to buy them at £2 a pack. I havent opened them before(like alot of sun and moon sets, I mainly opened xy)

Forgot I had 2 orders from Gamestop, 2nd arrived today of 18 2-pack blisters. Must have a hot hand (hah) pulled ANOTHER Charizard Vmax full art (with perfect centering, last one was way off L-R), Charizard V, Mew V, Stunfisk V, Vikavolt V & Morpeko V. Pretty underwhelming aside from the charizard, S&S base set gave me 1 V out of 18 packs. Charizard really saved the day.

3 Likes

Opened 10 blisters today, Got another eternatus Vmax, Butterfree V and a Scizor rainbow vmax which was slightly damaged . . see the 2nd pic

Wonder if I leave it between two flat surfaces for a long while I can press it flat, so annoying.

More variety is good. Like how they now also release half boxes in English, which were previously only available in Spanish and Portuguese.

I think this was the cheapest per pack product Pokemon has ever put out. $2.50 per blister wholesale (or less I’m sure) works out to $1.25 per pack. Equivalent of a $45 booster box. Wild.

It’s always funny to me though how people say well I opened X packs and got Y pulls so this product has bad/good pull rates. Especially when it’s done in relation to hidden fates with respect to how many zards you got. When singular cards are 1:500+ packs you can’t really get a good representative sample without opening like 5,000 packs. I’m fairly certain all products have the same distributions.

2 Likes

@jimmy You know I bought a rainbow rare Dragapult Vmax off a seller. Upon receiving it had four heavy slashes on the back with a crease. The slashes were slanted which looked like scratches. I blamed the seller for the situation and returned it but after your pictures I wonder if it came out of the pack damaged. I was so confused because Rebel Clash is a brand new set released right before Darkness Ablaze. My thoughts originally were: How does a seller damage a card this new so bad?

Either the seller sucks at handling cards or it was printed like shit in that particular pack.

Its strange that only this rainbow card had the crease out of all the cards in the blister, of course it’s going to be the most valuable card with the damage, I’m never that lucky lol
So yeah theres always a chance the cards you bought were damaged from the factory.

I guess alot of people (99% or so) wouldn’t notice the type of damage we notice straightaway so the chap you were buying from might not have even noticed.

It was only once I joined this forum, did my research, bought some graded PSA cards as examples and actually started looking at cards, did I pick up on fine details/wear/damage on my old WOTC binder cards I never noticed before.

I always used to take very good care of things, especially for a kid . . I even kept my GBA leaf green box and instructions ha . . . And I figured most cards in that collection would be pristine, which they weren’t.
To someone else they probably do look pristine.

Still on the lookout for the V and Vmax Zard.
If I do pull them and they’re also damaged I’m going to be seriously annoyed ha.

1 Like

The Rebel Clash booster packs which come with the Darkness ablaze blister always seem to have underwhelming pulls.

5 VMaxs including the Rainbow Rare and a few Vs from the few Darkness boosters I’ve opened so far.

I have pulled only 1 V card from the bonus rebel clash boosters.

Is it just me and I have bad luck? or do they purposely bundle a “light” booster in with the Darkness blister??

I don’t think TPC would have any incentive to do that, but I think you may be on to something. I’ve had garbage pulls on the “bonus” SwSh packs, but I’ve had pretty good pulls from the DAA packs, averaging 1 hit per 4 packs so far

I went to my local Target and they only had these two packs instead of the single blisters. I almost didn’t pick any up until I noticed the price was $4.19 each, which is the same price they sell the single blisters for. I have horrible luck with pull rates so I purchased these purely to squirrel some away for my sealed collection. I think this is still an amazing price for those who just want to scratch that itch of ripping open a few packs for fun for a cost per pack similar to buying a booster box. I would open some myself, but I have a hard time spending $5 on a chance when I could put that money towards buying a card I for sure know that I want from that set. It’s still pretty exciting though!

1 Like

Ive just ordered 12x blisters in a sealed case due to arrive next week. Be interesting to see what I pull from the 12 rebel clash boosters. If the cards are horse manure it will probably confirm my suspicions on them bundling surplus “light” packs but we’ll see.
I believe the 36 booster boxes pull rate is like no more than 2-3 vmax on average? is that right?