XY Evolutions booster box vs ETB

Hey! So I’ve been wanting to start building a position in evolutions and today I was going to buy a box when I noticed the price of the ETBs are oddly close to the price of a whole box. Sealed boxes are $105-115 but the cheapest I can find ETBs is one shop on Ebay has 9 at $57 and the next lowest is $70 with the cheapest zard box at $85…

Is this just the result of the market drying up from covid-19 checks or am I missing something? I’m looking to build a position in evolutions over time. Should I just buy a box like I was planning on or snag two of those ETBs at $57 each? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I would go for the booster boxes. Most people are just going to want the boosters compared to all the extra stuff in the ETB.

Also yea, demand is high due to COVID stimulus.

I wouldn’t rush to put in a position at this time. Wait for a better price.

I can’t tell you what to do with your money. But here is my speculation on evolutions booster boxes vs ETB.

Modern is severely over saturated so any product that is simply just more packs will probably fail. Booster boxes are 36 packs and nothing more. Modern booster boxes also look terrible in my opinion and they all look the same. A booster box is simply many packs, don’t forget that.

Evolution’s ETB actually look nice and I would believe people would be inclined to keep them sealed as they look decent as a display piece. I am one of these people. Fewer ETB’s are made compared to their booster box counterpart. People actually buy evolution’s all the time but the mass amount of product keeps the price down.

Both are bad investments in my opinion. Don’t have high hopes for modern english.

2 Likes

This pretty much sums it up. I would stay away from anything modern. There is a toooon of Evolutions product still on retail shelves.

1 Like

Me looking at all the people here who talked me out of buying a case of evolutions when they were $600-650 and are now $2200+ 5 months later… :expressionless:

P.S. this is a joke, I know markets are unpredictable but I thought the situation was funny.

5 Likes