WTB PSA 10 Charizard BASE SET 2

Hi all, I’m looking to buy a Base set 2 charizard PSA 10.

I’m not sure of the Base 2 price so pls let me know what is a fair price and we can negotiate from there.

Thanks

Edited: I’m looking to pay $800-$850 for this card.

You can’t post a buy Thread here on e4 without stating your offer.

2 Likes

Looks like $1200 USD.

www.ebay.ca/itm/-/183201858786?nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

That’s actually my listing! I accepted $920 on it.

1 Like

Thanks Willy. lol

*Looks like $920

Didnt know a base 2 is so expensive. Lol

1 Like

It’s a charizard… with the first ever reprint of the original artwork. How would it not be expensive lol

Although after eBay fees your $850 offer is more than reasonable…and now is the time to buy since it will only go up more. Base 2 is finally getting the respect it deserves and It’s showing in prices.

2 Likes

While we’re on the subject, like this post if you would break open this slab and send to PSA instead :thinking:

That card did not deserve a 10 for centering. At PSA it would get an 8 MAX.

3 Likes

Hahah I know right. I’m assuming you are referring to the centering on the back which is just ass :rofl::rofl: but I don’t think BGS factors in centering on the back of catds with their centering grade. I had an unlimited Charizard get a 10 on centering as well (9 overall) that looked identical in terms of centering.

And yes, an 8 is all I would reasonably hope for. Just haven’t thought it would be worth the risk, and get back a 7.

1 Like

Interesting. I honestly didn’t know Beckett’s doesn’t take the back centering into account? If true, that’s an important tip to know.

Don’t quote me on that, but from my experience (and I’ve only had like 12 cards graded by them), two had perfect 10 centering even with terrible offsetting on the the backs of each card.

I like the holo better as compared to the base but no one has it for sale currently. Is it worth the effort to get a base 2 booster box and try grade it?

They often come straight out of the pack with scratches and factory nicks

Yea man. 1 of the collector told me this as well. :slightly_frowning_face: