WTB Pokémon Teach Set Pikachus

Looking to buy the 2000, 2008 and 2010 Teach Set Pikachus, and any more if they exist.

As far as I know these Teach Sets were released to teach kids how the Pokémon TCG worked. They are a little bit smaller (I think) than Jumbo-sized TCG cards.

Here are some pictures as reference:

Teach Set 2000 - Base Pikachu:

Teach Set 2008 - Stormfront Pikachu:

Teach Set 2010 - unreleased Pikachu artwork:

Not 100% sure about the value of these cards, but I’m willing to pay about 100 USD each at the moment.

@aj1 You had the 2008 and 2010 in the past, didn’t you? Where did you get them from? YJ I’d assume?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I did. Hmm think I got them from ebay. Now another dutch collector has them.

I believe, based on apparent-trophy-card rarity, that the early teach cards would be worth more than $75.00 each (especially Pikachu). But I suppose their value is determined simply by what people wish to pay!

Here’s a picture of a full set of the early ones, in case anyone would like to see!

m.imgur.com/a/irf0p

1 Like

While they relate to the game them not being actual card size or have the playing card back. Thus a much smaller market / demand I’d assume than trophy cards. There are more like a novelty item or a jumbo boxtopper imo.

2 Likes

To my knowledge, they do have the trading card back.

And I was commenting only on the amazing rarity of Teach cards: I think I agree that demand for trophy cards is higher–unsurprisingly, because trophy cards, including the Illustrator, are the highest echelon of cards–but the Teach cards appear to be as rare as trophy cards.

1 Like

For anyone wondering what the full sets look like:

Teach Set 2000:

Teach Set 2008:

Teach Set 2010:

Teach Set 2011:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

If only they’d made that 2010 in a real card. One of the best pikachu cards ever.

1 Like

Bump and upped price.

Greetz,
Quuador