WTB Japanese 1999 Tropical Mega Battle Tropical Wind Promo

So as I was outbid on the most recent auction of the card I’m now looking to purchase it… name a price if you’re willing to sell one, I’m aware they’re extremely rare so I’ll consider any price at the very least.

*Not looking for any specific grade, however ‘Authentic’ or an 8 and above would be preferred.*

You’re lucky you didn’t win that auction lol Not worth $600 really IMO but what can do? I’ve been looking for this for a long long time and unfortunately it’s slipped out of my hands multiple times. I’ve acquired much rarer trophies for better prices than I have been offered for a 1999 Tropical Wind. Keep in mind there were a good number of copies produced. Just a matter of patience.

Why wouldn’t it be worth that though? My understanding is that a PSA 10 would go for a few thousand and I know the grade would have likely been a 6 or 7 but I would have thought it hitting a 100 would still have been reasonable. I also can’t find any listings either so I figured they rarely show up within a year. May I ask what trophy cards you’ve acquired and for what price? I’m just trying to gauge speculative prices for future reference when looking to purchase.

Thank you for replying, it does soothe my mind a little as I was thinking it would be worth at least a thousand. :s

If it helps a PSA 9 1999 Tropical Wind sold for a little over $1000 this year a little over $900 last year. I believe an Authentic copy sold last year as well for about $230-$275 if I remember correctly. There have been multiple other sales over the last year. They appear from time to time so don’t be too upset about the auction.
Don’t get me wrong it is a valuable card though. Expect high prices from here on out.

I sold a psa 8.5 tropical wind 5 years ago for $900. A PSA 9 has earned 2k, and another psa 9, which was a re-grade, sold for $1600.

This card does not appear like it did years ago. It is a staple card in the hobby. I would be ready to bid war for a any copy in nm-gem condition.

1 Like

AND YOULL LOSE TO THE GREAT AND POWERFUL SYND :ninja:

I don’t even understand what that’s replying to :')

WHat im saying is if a bid war took place I would defeat smprattican. As this card is rare as.

I see I see. Doesn’t the lord Synd win all auctions and own all cards though? :wink:

Not according to his collection thread :wink:

2 Likes

Touche! :grin:

If i told you ide have to kill you

Illumana-stoice COnfirmed

You’re weird.

1 Like

Fear me

1 Like