WTB Evolutions Magneton PSA 10

E4 Forum Community! I need YOUR help. I am looking for an Evolutions Magneton PSA 10 Holo. Population 2. Last sold was on ebay in December 2021 for $474. Who has these?!

I’m offering: $1,000.

If you don’t have one, I am also offering a significant finders fee for helping hunt down this card. Please DM me here or on IG with leads. Thanks in advance!

8 Likes

Hey Kanto Shark
I think paying $1000 is overboard for this card and honestly same thing with $470 and there’s a few reasons why, Evolutions has been on the market for not a particularly long time and this means that in my opinion due to the large quantity of mint condition non graded Magneton you should try to buy 5-10 copies of the card in mint condition online or from people you might meet at a trading meet up then send them in to get them graded yourself.
If your still interested in trying to get the card for 1000$ I would be able to work on trying to find one of the PSA 10 Magnetons in existence for you to buy.

evolutions holos are notoriously hard to grade 10s, which is why he’s offering so much. With 2 PSA 10’s and 330+ PSA 9’s the odds aren’t in his favour at all trying to grade them himself lol

sorry for going offtopic but had to be said, best of luck with your hunt Kanto

7 Likes

PSA 10 Magneton has been FOUND! It popped up on eBay for $1,000 and I auto purchased. Protip for new collectors: If there’s a hard to find card that pops up, it’s rarely wise to negotiate. You’re much better off paying the asking price. Just my two cents. Luckily for me it was right at my offer. Last sold was mid $400s.

This thread can be closed. :+1:

18 Likes

You sure it’s not best to message them “what’s the lowest youd take?”

7 Likes

Not a high roller, but I treat sellers well. I bought some NM item off tcgplayer (only god knows if it’s actually Mint) for $2500 tonight when ebay’s pictures version sells for $2,000. It’s all good, just a few bucks that I can make later, right? The answer is Yes. (Poor boys, start sweating- well if the item was $1,700 I’d highly entertain that idea of buying it. lawl.)

There’s plenty of budget shoppers that are squeezing the life out of sellers. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? Is a typical question I see. When prices are clearly priced fine. " Oh but 1 sold for X Low amount, that’s the new value, or a new BIN is listed 30% cheaper, that’s the new value!" Unbelievable.

But if you see a card that you would like to own, are you willing to pay Top Dollar for it?

Ie. If a card is trending for $2,000 if you wait for auction, but be acquired for $2,500. There are so many frugal collectors that want to buy it for $2,000 and while one can shop around and make it work, with hours of tedious effort and/or luck… Is that how you high-roll? Its mind boggling how a collectible can treat a person so well, whether it appreciates or depreciates, yet they want to pay 30-50% lower value to acquire the card, will wait years for PSA to open up, or more pop reports to show.

Are these people even High Rollers? Do these folks even tip for the service when they eat at a nice restaurant/order delivery or are these folks quibbling about paying 15% tip (ONLY 15%). ?

If those folks want to buy items at 30-50% off, just open up a Trading Card Shop and have customers support their business.

Surely there’s other folks like me that enjoy buying cards for themselves, overpaying for their collection additions, not lowballing and buying as a business, especially if you don’t even have a shop.

6 Likes