PSA 10 1st Edition Dark Magneton Holo

What does everyone thinks a 1st edition PSA 10 Dark Magneton Holo is worth in today’s market?

There has not been any sales on eBay in around 18 months

From what I can see some of the other holos including Dark Dragonite and Dark Blastoise have significantly increased recently

How about you start with what you think it’s worth. We can debate after that.

I honestly have no clue, that’s why I created the thread :sweat_smile:

Probably $1000 or so

1 Like

I recently grabbed a whole bunch from one seller hoping one would be minty fresh. They almost always have a factory line. I think I pulled 2 that might be 9 worthy, but damn is it a tough find.

tough grades are the coolest =)

With how much TR has risen the past couple months and how hard it is to grade, I could see someone offering 1500-2000.

1 Like

I agree. The influx of later wotc sets being grading is becoming more of a focus to those completing base set and looking to keep going. The specifically difficult cards to grade are constantly seeing attention in around collectors. Jungle Lapras, Vaporeon, Giovanni’s Persian, etc are in the same boat. Would be $1000 any day but for someone completing a set I could see the $1500 being a reasonable snag.

1 Like

I concur with this as well. The Magneton is probably the most difficult to grade in the set. Less inventory = high demand/prices.

@auscollector ,@kh36 ,@jcincy101 ,@joer ,@fazool ,@kpod ,@nportell ,@nickofturl ,

This ****ing Magneton has the worst centering problems I have seen. The pop is low and I have sent in idk how many mint condition cards coming back as an 8 or 9 lol. Lately they have sold $800-$1000 is the last one’s I have seen in awhile (I looked awhile back maybe 8 months ago before the spike and were personal sales). On top of that, this set has received a big spike. I bought a couple of TR 1st and Unlimited Booster boxes and doubled my money in 3 months.

I have an entire 1st edition mint set waiting to get graded.

3 Likes

Easy over $1K. Know at least 2 collectors seeking that card willing to pay that much.

1 Like

The fact that unlimited is pop 1 and 1st edition is probably very low aswell just shows how hard this card is to grade. The chances of print lines and scratching on the holofoil are extremely high, which only raises the price. Fairly sure this card was $600 start of last year and it’s no doubt in my mind it’s worth double that this year. You just don’t see these cards any more on eBay. My thoughts are hold on to it :ok_hand: and any other hard to grade card because as years go on the chances of obtaining/grading one at psa 10 get slimmer and slimmer