WTB 1st ed base shadowless non holo's

Hi , I want to create a binder set with the iconic 1st ed base cards. They have to be psa 9 quality though so nm-mint / packfresh quality.

I need all 102 cards but ill exclude the holos just to be realistic.

regular common : $6
regular uncommon : $12
rares pokemon : $30
rares trainer : $25

starters common : $ 15
starters uncommon : $ 25

I am from europe so it would be helpful if i could buy multiple cards from 1 person to save on shipping :blush: Also let me know if i am off with my buy prices.

1 Like

Im afraid its not 2018 anymore :blush:

16 Likes

could you give me a recommendation ? i am lost looking at sold listings.

Honestly your best bet is probably buying PSA 8s and cracking them open (if you’d prefer the raw card).

It’s just really hard to find anything 1st base raw that’s Near Mint+.

5 Likes

thanks , thats a good tip and i may just do that :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah I recommended looking for 8s as well and cracking them out if you want a binder set. You can still grab 8s for fairly cheap. No one is going to sell you a pack fresh 1st ed wartortle for $25 when they can grade it themselves and turn it into a $130+ psa 9 or a $1k+ psa 10. Basically Mint pack fresh copies of 1st ed base (regardless of the card) only exist in PSA cases and high end collectors binders that aren’t going to sell them.

3 Likes

also, if you are asking for raw PSA-9 quality cards for WOTC AND 1st edition, expect to basically pay PSA 9 prices. psa 8s are beautiful for your binder collection. and your wallet will be smiling. to be honest, 7s and 6s can be great too if you do a bit more hunting around.

4 Likes

I think your prices are a little bit too low because here is an example of some of my most recent first base non holo purchases:

1 Like

the difference between a 9 and 10 is so small that most people holding those cards are likely to want to grade them or ask top dollar. If you want a mint binder set, I think cracking psa8’s is going to give you the best bang for your buck. PSA8’s won’t command that “could this be a psa10?” premium on ebay and you’ll be able to bang out that binder collection faster on a budget.

2 Likes

Psa 9? You need to double or triple the offers. I just sold a raw NM common for $12 yesterday.

I saw these, and these prices are not pack fresh cards either.

2 Likes

Yeah the uncommon and common asks are a bit off but once it gets to the rare pokemon nonholos for $30; that’s when you really see the absurdity. You’re not going to find a somewhat minty raw beedrill, for example, for $30. Maybe like $80 for something that might hit a psa 7 or 8. Pretty sure that card goes for $200-300 as a 9 and almost $1000 as a 10. It might be that if you’re european, you could settle for 1st edition base in another language to hit some of those pricepoints