Wowlootsellers, Asshole

Are these offers being made in the Offer feature?

1000/16 = 62.5per hour If you list it, and package it, in 57 seconds. You are fast.

6 Likes

Nothing gives away two casual trips to the post office a week with a small handful of packages like saying you sell thousands of packages a day.

This made me chuckle.

1 Like

1 Like

I tried a few in the offer feature, all auto declined. My offer was in a message. With other, more reasonable sellers I have ran into this same dilemma with auto declines. I myself also set auto decline prices at amounts where I would not consider accepting below for that item only. That is for each specific item, but when someone approaches me and talks about 10+ items and $1,000+ I re-evaluate and offer lower prices on the bundle as I am sure many do. Shipping and things get much cheaper as we all know and you can often make out just as well profit wise accepting a lower BIN price on multiple quantities than if you slowly sell 1 at a time.

I would advise against using the auto decline feature, i personally start my offers out low, but when i see my first offer auto declined i will not continue offering with that person

I always use it. I try to keep it as low as reasonably possible in case someone comes in buying a lot of things. But if I am selling an item for $100 that I paid $50 for, I usually try to set it at $60. Roughly the break even for what I paid after fees.

No sense getting bombarded with $5 to $50 offers on it.

in my opinion it only loses sales, an auto decline on an item i make an offer on says to me that the seller doesnt want to wheel and deal, so im on to the next

just trying to give you a tip to possibly increase sales

I use auto decline at 20% of asking price in nearly all circumstances. I can see how it dissuades offering and deals, but I also donā€™t pay attention to people who make $1 offers on expensive cards.

1 Like

and thats fair enough, 20% leaves a huge amount of room

I have auto decline on my listings because I donā€™t want to wheel and deal.

1 Like

then i may suggest you refrain from adding an option for people to offer you lower than your asking price

Thereā€™s a difference between wheeling and dealing and getting a best offer.

Trust me, I would love to just put up a buy it now and have someone buy it. Unfortunately it would result in less sales. People are just conditioned to have to have a win. It doesnā€™t matter if you listed you items at the exact price they sell for in auction, people are still going to want to wait for an auction listing just in the off chance that they save a little more then the buy it now. Just like people are more likely to go after a best offer listing just in the off chance that they get a deal.

I really donā€™t want to go into more details about the benefits of buy it now vs best offer. I used to have a complete but it now only type store, but that changed after having my first sales job and learning what I know. Iā€™m just saying not all best offer stores like to wheel and deal, most of us just like to sell for fair prices and would rather skip the dance.

I understand, and i just saw youre a low volume seller and i agree with the tactics youre using, but for people that are constantly buying and moving items id suggest against that tactic

I donā€™t see offering <50% of list price in most cases and ā€œwheeling and dealingā€ though. Again, I set auto decline roughly right at my break even. Sometimes that is 10% of the list price, sometimes as high or slightly higher than 50%. IMO my list prices are always reasonable based on recently sold listings and such, so starting at anything less than half is a lowball the way I see it. People have three chances to get an offer in and can always message me as well. Saves some clutter and keeps away a lot of lowballing. Maybe loses me a sale or two, but has been working.

1 Like

Just a scenario, yesterday i offered $20 for a card with a buy it now price of $35, sounds pretty low, but thats my opening offer, he ended up selling it to me for $27.5, i was willing to pay $30, if he had an auto decline he wouldnt have made that sale.

1 Like

We are in agreement then. $20 wouldnā€™t have hit my auto decline either with a typical auto decline at 50% of ask, or $17.50 on a $35 item. Having a wide range open allows for some give and take, and I am willing to give more on larger $ or quantity deals. I do look back on some of my BINā€™s from time to time and see a $35 item with a ton of interest and about 10-15 offers auto declined below $10 which is the goal. Getting rid of that lowballing that will likely never see a middle ground reached.

Tying back to the topic of the thread, wowlootsellers, he sets his auto decline at $29 on a $30 item. Clearly not on the same page. May as well set the BIN for $29, or $29.50 with no best offer as it seems to annoy more than it likely helps anyone get a deal done.

2 Likes

Shit this is the guy I just purchased from, I had a feeling it was a bit dodgy even before seeing this again. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Iā€™ll admit, I bought from him despite what was said about him, so youā€™re not alone lol.
I saw he had French Charizard tin promos for cheap, so I offered him. Sure enough, he countered me with $1 less than whatever the price was, which I felt was reasonable since he had them cheap to begin with, so I bought it. Dude sent it in a Card Saver without putting the promo in a sleeve, and he didnā€™t protect it with cardboard or anything sturdy either. It was a miracle that the card didnā€™t get bent, considering USPS jammed the envelope inside my PO box. At least the card was in decent shape.

1 Like