"I'm not gonna give it to you at the price you bought it at"

I’ve recently had a few unfortunate transactions with some dishonest eBayers. It seems more common now that sellers will list an item, it will sell relatively quickly, and then they figure “oh it’s worth so much more I need to relist it” after it’s been paid for.

One seller accepted my best offer of $13 for a Dark Scizor and then relisted it for $50 BIN after I paid. What a nightmare that was…

Just recently, a very dishonest seller by the name of davidappmju9n5s1s sold me an old binder filled with cards for $200. I paid promptly and waited…after two days I sent a friendly message. After four I sent another friendly message. Here’s what was said…

Him:

Hi Mason,

I’m really sorry I’ve been super busy with my business. I plan to ship the binder this Saturday! Congrats and enjoy my cards!

Thanks,

David A

Me:

Hi David,

I appreciate you getting back to me! I understand being busy :blush: Could you provide the tracking on eBay when you send it?

Also, I noticed that some of the cards included in the binder are being listed as separate lots on your eBay account. Do you just have multiples of those?

Please let me know.

Thanks again,

Mason

**Him:**Hey Mason

So here’s the deal. I’m new to EBay and especially new to selling Pokémon cards as this is my first time selling them but I put a lot of money into collecting them and looking at my competition online I realize I have better cards. I didn’t realize the value of my cards before I made the $200 listing price and I believe selling them to your for $200 is really low compared to my competitors. So I’m going to relist my binder for $800 but I would be willing to give you a deal of $600.

I am sufficiently rustled…lol

2 Likes

Some people should be banned from ebay

3 Likes

I would ban him and move on, hopefully his binder doesn’t sale for more than 200 and he loses money for being greedy.

3 Likes

From looking at the binder, and the few cards he has listed on his ebay, I wouldn’t touch it even at your offer price. In that binder and the condition he has posted his “best” cards at in his few pictures, I doubt any of them would grade a 6.

I don’t see this working out with the guy not having someone file an ebay case about poor condition cards.

2 Likes

I’ve been in the same boat a few times. And not a thing you can do about it really. Had one guy I bought a lot of cards off of for his BIN price. After a week he hand’t shipped. Then told me he was going to take some of the cards out and still let me have the rest for the agreed on price because it was “still a good deal”. Needless to say I declined and requested them all repeatedly. Had to file a claim to get my money back as he refused to ship all the cards I had purchased.

Just a week or so ago I bought 3 cards off a seller after they listed them. The next day they cancelled all my orders and told me that they were un-informed and made a mistake in the listings and would be relisting them for more money. I eventually came to terms with the seller and bought the 3 cards for considerably more than they were originally listed for. I’m almost 100% sure that another miffed “buyer” was in their ear trying to steal the sale from me and tipped the seller off to the low initial listing price and proceeded to offer more money for the cards I already had purchased. That annoys me more than what the seller did in this case.

All part of the daily eBay circus!

1 Like

You can always make a dud account, buy another item from him and leave a neg if you’re that bitter. Although I’d just take pity on the little scrub. Even though he’s stupid for pulling that stunt, things are bad enough for eBay sellers as it is anyways.

If you’re a regular seller make sure to ban him.

1 Like

Always sucks to have the card magically “go missing!” after winning. I had a seller tell me he left it on the car on the way to the post office, only to relist it right away. Can’t force a seller to sell unfortunately.

3 Likes

I love all the little stories you guys are sharing. Left it in the car lol…
All you can do is leave a neg and move on. Just figured I’d share it with you guys

1 Like

I, as a seller, would never do that. I sold a Minty Fresh JPN 1ED Gold Star Charizard for $100 about a year ago on eBay because I didn’t really know much about it. I kept my word and just sent it to the buyer.

I do believe in this case, this gentlemen is breaking eBay Policy. He already sold you said binder for such price, and now because he’s being greedy, hes breaking it apart piece by piece having it sold. Not even mentioning ANYTHING about a refund. I would report his ass to eBay for unlawful Business and breaking eBay’s binding contract of once sold and paid for, the item must be shipped on his part.

The reason I bought the binder in the first place was because he said there were “300 cards of which 90% are holographic”
Too good to be true lol

I very much appreciate that you’re an honest seller but unfortunately many aren’t. What good will reporting to eBay do? No one can force him to sell the cards. (This is an actual question not a rhetorical). Is there a chance his account will be banned?

Ah man if someone asked me for more money after I paid I would tell em so stick themselves even if it was still a good deal :stuck_out_tongue: Only exception would be if they weren’t scummy about it.

“You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” - Cormac McCarthy

1 Like

Avoid that asshole, simple.

What were the seller ratings of these people involved in all these stories?

My two stories involved sellers with 100-200 feedback. One had a couple negatives on his account. The other had none.

All the seller has to do is refund you and eBay could care less about the buyer’s satisfaction or loss of time.

Even if you leave neg feedback they just call ebay and have it removed, seen it so many times over my 15 years on there.