Would you attend a virtual Pokémon card "conference"?

I’ve typically seen this format referred to as a “panel discussion” and I think it’s a great idea.

I’m a web developer so if my skills can be of any use hit me up!

2 Likes

Just give me enough notice to prepare a segment and take time off work! :blush:

I’d love to talk about Niche cards!

1 Like

I’d love to join :blush:

I would be interested as well! As a new collector coming back into the hobby I would love to pick the brain of all the seasoned collectors.

1 Like

Have a 2xx vs 4xxx cert debate and ill be there with my popcorn.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of that. What’s 2xx v 4xxx mean?

@hofmania , I summon @7l7l to tell you about it

1 Like

I got some topics that I’d love people to talk about:
Cards/items you didn’t know existed before collecting something (eg. obscure promos)
Impact of collecting on your life
power of the community
your future in pokemon collecting

1 Like

Who do you want to hear from?

@hofmania,
Honestly anyone, people like Scott and Gary already have a wealth of information in either videos or forum posts here. So no need to be a “big boy/girl”. I bet there are some people with very interesting things to tell that aren’t very well known.

Though I guess it’s harder to get these people to talk about it at an online con

I think that’s an interesting point! I love Scott, so it would be fun to hear from some other people and network a bit at the same time.

2 Likes

Agree. But any conference will always have a headliner or reason to attend. I’m trying to think through how to find those emerging voices and perspectives. I’d love to hear from graders at Psa bgs and Cgc. Some of the designers for Pokémon or major distributors about the state of the hobby. Just think8ng through diverse perspectives.

absolutely would attend, sounds coo

1 Like

Hi hofmania,
I currently have a thread up regarding the preservation of certain TCG cards.
I’d be interested in discussing such a topic within a conference for those who would be interested, in hopes to preserve more cards if that’s something you would allow.

1 Like

Any ideas on who these lesser known folks might be? I have a feeling we have a bunch on this forum…don’t be afraid to nominate someone :sunglasses:

Don’t have anyone specific in mind, you could ask around in the discord etc maybe

We did a voice chat the other night where anyone who wanted to stream could show cards. I think around 7 or 8 different people streamed. We are going to try and do it every month. It was really nice!

3 Likes

Should join the discord once

Such a good idea! Where can I buy tickets :blush: