Would you accept a return if buyer "found better price?"

A buyer on eBay is requesting a return on two items they purchased from me (the items were already delivered to them) because they “found a better price.” I have a no returns policy, so I have the option to decline the return.

These items are really cheap, so it’s not a huge deal financially, but it is obviously very annoying.

Out of curiosity, what would you do in this situation? Decline the return? Or just accept it?

1 Like

If I had the choice, no. If one later sold for more than what they paid, I don’t think they would offer to send you more money.

17 Likes

If they pay the return shipping and the cards come back in the exact same condition as they were sent, I would just do the return tbh

1 Like

I just see that as the cost of doing business. You win some, you lose some when buying and selling. If I feel I overpay on a card (which I have before) I just try and make up for it and get a deal on my next purchase.

In my opinion, you wouldn’t be in the wrong for not offering a return or refund even if they’re willing to pay for the return back. That’s all up to you - but you definitely haven’t done anything wrong here as a seller. In another month the same cards could sell for more than this buyer paid. Lots of ways to circle this around.

3 Likes

8 Likes

I think you have to because of ebay’s policy. I once sold someone a card and then they wanted to return it a couple of weeks later because they “changed their mind” and ebay accepted it. 99% of time it doesn’t happen though, so when it does it’s just a small cost of business like someone above said

Ideally re-advertise it for a few $ more

That’s only if you accept returns.

1 Like

Zero chance.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m not Amazon or Walmart, so no, I’m not taking a card back because you found a better deal. We agreed that you would give me money and I would give you the item.

I don’t know how negative feedback works in this case, but I would make sure I have a message showing they want to return because they no longer want it, then tell them no and contact eBay if they open a case.

1 Like

So, they thought they bought a stock option to buy at a lower price… :unamused:

If I bought a booster pack, cracked it, and was unsatisfied that I spent $4 for a freakin’ standard rare and reverse foil common card, would you accept a return?

Accept the return, block buyer, post buyer info here so we can all block him, move on.
Not worth the hassle and possible negative feedback sadly.

3 Likes

If your time is non-refundable, why waste it relisting and reselling the exact same item that already sold once?

Time to list and sell the first time, is already spent, so why hassle with the back and forth if they’ve not already received it? Minimal additional time for the problem buyers, I think, is what @cig meant. That time hasn’t been spent yet.