WOTC League Material Pictures

I just bought some cards from someone who used to run leagues during the WOTC days, and they gave me a folder with a bunch of old papers they used during league to reward players! I figured I’d show them since I hadn’t seen them before!

Finally, here’s a paper playmat I didn’t know existed.

17 Likes

Such nostalgia. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I remember doing some of these sheets, thank so much for sharing this!

these are awesome, id be interested to know what else you got from this person haha

I was made a Gym Leader at our local On Cue store after one of the employees who ran the league moved. I was actually only 13 at the time, but the store manager pulled me aside one day and gave me a box of materials (league shirt, stamp, etc.) and a pep-talk about wanting to keep the league going and feeling that I was mature enough to handle the duties. He explained the various responsibilities that would accompany the job including setting up all the card tables/chairs, stamping badge books, teaching new players, filling out league report forms and DCI cards for WOTC, and distributing promo cards, worksheets, and badges. The manager’s name was Greg, and it was one of the most rewarding feelings of my life to be entrusted to run the league (though he supervised and interacted with the attendees).

I continued running that league for another two years until On Cue closed. Those Sunday league days were such an amazing experience and contributed greatly to my interest in Pokemon and my passion for mentoring others. It’s not surprising, perhaps, that I’m a school teacher now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane @alecpokemon ,

8 Likes

@butchdawg32,

What an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing:)