Worlds 2024 Hawaii dates August 16-18 Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu

I will be at the IHG hotel due to military perks :military_helmet:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: E4’s Grand Honolulu Meet Up 2024

Perhaps a bit odd question but is someone who’s attending going to play pokemon go there? I need gifts from hawaii so would gladly add anyone as a friend who could send a few :smile:

3 Likes

@lookaclara

2 Likes

I’ll be playing casually while looking for Comfey while I’m there. Feel free to add me and remind me in August and I’d be happy to send you plenty of gifts!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, sent a request!

1 Like

I’ll be (casually) playing from Hawaii as well! Happy to send gifts, altho I don’t know if we are friends in the game yet! Here’s my code:

3 Likes

Sent! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ended up going with the Waikiki Malia hotel! Plane ticket is also booked and I am hyped to go to Hawaii and USA for the first time! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Any word on worlds tickets?

Nothing on spectator passes, but I’m sure this thread will light up here as soon as it does. Usually the come out closer to the event time.

1 Like

Once spectator passes get a release date and other details come out I want to create another spreadsheet similar to last year where people can share their extra slot (since each person can buy up to 2 usually).

Last year’s spectator pass distribution was lottery and with 45 entries there were only 14 confirmed winners and 31 losers. The win rate only being 31% made it very helpful to coordinate pass sharing. I’ll be staying tuned in for more info.

4 Likes

SVP150 Paradise Resort (illus. Naoki Saito)
ft. Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Gholdengo, Lechonk, Mantine, Psyduck, Squawkabilly, Alolan Exeggutor, Palafin, Bruxish

• SV3a Raging Surf is technically the first set of the 2023-2024 season, leading ultimately to Honolulu for Worlds
  • No special art Pikachu or special product announced alongside (e.g. Yokohama Pikachu ex)
6 Likes

Omg that Pikachu plushie :hugs:

1 Like

@Kijamon

2 Likes

Well that’s not good for my bank account, I knew when it was in Hawaii that a surfing theme was likely.

I was already collecting the SV promos to staff level in a binder so I’ll need to see if I can double up and get a graded copy too for the Raichus.

Realistically though, I think I need to stop at normal version and staff, I’m not sure how much anything above that will go for.

I knew I should have mastered the card game and become world champion to save some money on buying promos though.

7 Likes

I think this to myself all of the time. :joy: Now it’s up to my children to find their passion for Pokemon and make up for my mistakes. :laughing:

3 Likes

Some new info courtesy of serebii.net

“Some further details have been officially revealed for the Pokémon World Championships. First, the Pokémon Center sign ups will go live later this month. We’ll provide more details of them as they come
Second, if you haven’t got a Pass, or even if you do, you will be able to go to a special Pokémon Campus at Hilton Hawaiian Village where there will be Photo Opportunities, meet & greets, a live broadcast of the stream and more
Badge pickup will be from the Hilton Hawaiian Village Coral Ballroom from August 15th at 10:00 local time.
The Opening Ceremony will run at 09:00 HST on August 16th 2024 with Closing following VGC finals on August 18th”

8 Likes

Looks like the first emails for the spectator pass lottery have gone out. If you won and are willing to share (or just for data gathering purposes) feel free to add your name to this sheet: E4 Hawaii Worlds Spectator Pass Tracker - Google Sheets

1 Like