Will PSA grade these again - or they still won't?

I don’t believe so, because they were stamped by a third party. I don’t see them ever grading these.

2 Likes

I don’t want to get into this again…but every stamped Pokemon card is stamped by a separate entity. The same company that stamps all the other stamped Pokemon cards also did this one.

You’re 100% right that PSA will never touch these though.

3 Likes

seems like PSA will only slab fake cards if they’re signed by a Pokemon illustrator https://sales-history.pwccmarketplace.com/items/WEEKLY3360082

I never knew this, thanks for the info. Do you know where I can find out more info on the stamping process?

This is because they have graded signature, not the card. All signatures can be graded i thought

1 Like

That’s correct, it’s the loophole to get cards in a slab if they’re not “authentic”. I wish their labeling would be consistent and just use “CUSTOM CARD/REPRINT” as “CUT” in that sugimori example doesn’t make any sense (and led at least one member here to buy them accidentally).

For example this Mike Tyson rookie is a fake card but they’ve slabbed because it was signed by Tyson…

1 Like

Maybe one day :blush:

Unfortunately not really. Most of the info I know about the stamping process I learned through investigating the collector Charizard, and it’s not really something I have concrete proof on, nor is it really documented anywhere for reasons that make a lot of sense, given the value that certain stamps can have. I don’t know if anything has changed since 2019 when all of this was at its peak and I was trying hard to learn the backstory of the card.

2 Likes

Hopefully more information comes to light cause I’d be really interested in learning about how the cards are stamped :innocent:

Here is an old thread that’s interesting to look back on.

I used to consider it a "fake’ card, but my opinion has changed with the past few years. I guess I would consider these altered cards as these weren’t directedly distributed by TPCI. It was a fun idea looking back at it. I remember though this card had the biggest drop in value. It went from close to $1000 down to 150 or less if I remember correctly within a very short time. Its similar to Delivery Charizard in how fast the value tanked .