Will PSA ever recognize 4th print base set?

Hello everybody,

Atm PSA dont recognize the base set 4th print cards on their labels but do so with the booster packs.
It’s a matter of fact I recently picked up some gradeworthy 4th print cards and was thinking of grading them, but the thought of PSA not recognizing the 4th print cards atm makes me wait grading them.

So my question is do anyone here on e4 believe that PSA once will make 4th print labels to base set pokemon cards?
And what would the arguments for them to do so and vice versa?

Grabbed this breaty beast:

/from a collector who really like the 4th print cards

It would be good if they did but the problem is all the 4th print cards that have already been graded as unlimited

Every time I submit any 1999-2000 cards I put a note for them to observe and record the 1999-2000 copyright date. I usually try to submit regular 1999 copyright date near them and add notes again to show them the difference. I have not spoken with anyone on the phone or over email about it though. They just keep coming back as 1999 regular unlimited.

It makes no sense to me why they refuse as you said since they do show 1999-2000 with the packs and I know I am not the only one who prods them to mark it as the variant. There are foreign languages of base set that have 1999-2000 copyright date and come up as only 2000 on the label IIRC.

Maybe… but wasnt that the same problem with shadowless back then?
They changed anyway

Good to hear that you put a note on them.
I am sure that they can see the difference and are not stupid. They maybe just dont want the labels.

I really hope they do label them c1999-2000 one day.

There really isn’t much of a point. Unless we really need every little variance to be labeled. It just gets excessive at a certain point imo.