Base Set 4th Print - A population Report - UPDATE 30/04/2018

Hi everyone!

I believe in eFour everyone know about this Set, even though it is a still very obscure set to collect, I found it very rewarding, mainly due to the scarcity it carries. Due to that, and intrigue by how many are there exactly, I have been collecting the data regarding the PSA examples that pop up in the community/market, in the last couple of months. I have been using eBay, Instagram, Youtube and of course eFour.

As you probably know, PSA still does not recognize this Base Set variant and I hope one day it does. Until then I would like to collect the data as more detailed as possible.

The information I have (notice that I keep the serial numbers of each card in order to avoid duplicates) is shown in the table bellow:

TOTAL OF BASE 2000 PRINT GRADED CARDS IN THIS STUDY: 238

POKÉMON TOTAL GRADED PSA 9 PSA 10
ALAKAZAM 12 9 3
BLASTOISE 17 11 4
CHANSEY 10 7 3
CHARIZARD 32 13 4
CLEFAIRY 12 9 1
GYARADOS 18 12 6
HITMONCHAN 15 6 4
MACHAMP 16 12 2
MAGNETON 14 9 3
MEWTWO 15 8 5
NIDOKING 16 9 6
NINETALES 16 10 4
POLIWRATH 9 5 4
RAICHU 12 7 2
VENUSAUR 14 7 4
ZAPDOS 10 3 7
- - - -

In the Table I only show the quantities for the 9s and 10s… If you see that the “Total Graded” don’t add up to the 9s + 10s, that is because there are lower grades that have been graded.

NOTE: This informations is not the exact population of the cards. It has been gathered from public sales/listings and social media pictures, there might be more and of course there can be regrades that we cannot track.

Feel free to send me info if you have and I will gladly add up to this study.

Thanks!
Stylus

7 Likes

Good Luck! I shall provide “HELT” :wink:

Spoiler

1 Like

Thanks @charchu !

Already corrected ahahah xD

1 Like

I’d love to help bud, I have a complete psa 9 holo set in 4th print :blush:

1 Like

Awesome!

Hit me up on the DMs with your info :grin:

I have 19 base set 4. Print holos, 4 have been graded and the rest of them are at PSA at the moment. I expect them back in feb.

1 Like

Feel free to message me with the ones you have or when the others arrive :blush:

I’m assuming you’ve seen my complete 9 and 10 sets on eBay. I need to check my files to see the remainder but I graded quite a few last year.

2 Likes

I got bunches but they are way down the line on my grading shelves. If I ever get to them I’ll let you know. By then though, there could be a thousand of each lol.

2 Likes

A grading shelf :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: here I am picking cards here and there hahah I’d love to see a photo of this shelf :blush:

I sent you a pic…

1 Like

Insane!! And there all 9-10 standard I presume ? That’s awesome :blush:

Yes, those are all accounted for in the table :grin:

If you find the time, feel free to send me the info, and while you are at it, I would love to see the pic as well as everyone here I bet :grin:

1 Like

Lol…yeah, should be mint.
I’m home from the hospital so took that pic without being able to get up. Feeling better though.

2 Likes

Hope your all good :blush:

2 Likes

Hope you get well fast and keep on rocking :blush:

2 Likes

send you a PM

1 Like

Thank you everyone who has been helping out!

I intend to make this thread a guide to the 4th print, so any info you may have that you think is pertinent, feel free to message me :blush:

Regards! And happy weekend

mostly a uk print run but some packs have been open in the us, woct had unlimited holos left over so 1999-2000 wizard non holos are slightly rarer than 1999 wizard non holos but holos are quite abit rarer as unlimited holoswere placed in the packs of 4th print