Will Detective Pikachu 098 Promo be released in English?

Do we think the Detective Pikachu 098 Promo will be printed in English? I think this card absolutely rocks. It already has a PSA 10 population of 8,000 which is nuts, but the silver lining is you can buy them on Ebay for like $60 right now (in a 10!), or if you want it sealed in original packaging, its around $30. Anyways, just wondering what you guys think. I personally think it’s flying under the radar and the graders are just racing to the bottom, if we don’t get it in English, I can’t imagine this card staying at this price point.

2 Likes

it’s not a jp exclusive. there is a chinese version at the very least

i know because i bought one for $15 vs paying $30 for the jp version lmao

@inertgeometry Yeah, edited the post to fit the answer I am really looking for. Thanks for the quick catch

1 Like

i could see it either way. seems like the window to make some promo box with it has passed, but it is a unique card that technically needs to be printed in all languages for playability (even though nobody would actually play this)

@inertgeometry A similar thing is happening with the Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander JPN deck promos and the Charmander 044 Black star promo from the OBF ETB. I wonder when we will see the Bulbasaur and Squirtle in English, surely they will join their compatriot?

i have zero doubt about the bulba and squirtle ARs being printed in english.

1 Like

I think we will see it. All of the previous video game promos have ended up in English in one way shape or form. It will probably sneak in as an etb promo or we may get something similar to the Arceus V box that had the Legends Arceus promo

There’s also korean and thai version so its far from jp exclusive.

1 Like

I don’t think there is much potential for it to go up.