Why are EX cards from 2003-2007 so low pop?

Especially stuff like ex emerald PSA 10s (deoxys and milltic) and ex magma cards? I understand printing wasn’t the best back then so is that why some are? I know a lot of the delta specie style ex cards had print lines.

Edit: especially referring to PSA 10 pops here

Id assume low demand and lower printing.

3 Likes

Elaborate how a “no demand” card sells consistently when it´s up for sale. I´m looking for a Milotic myself, but there´s just nothing available. That being said, if someone has this card in an 8,9 or 10 hit me up, I´ll probably buy it.

1 Like

Low demand not no demand. If there were a lot of people seeking 8s, 9s & 10s people would grade more of them. Just because you’re looking for one and there are none on the market doesn’t mean there is an abundance of people also looking buy them.

www.trollandtoad.com/pokemon/ex-emerald-singles/milotic-ex-96-106-ultra-rare/165452

The card is available if you or anyone else wants to grade it.

1 Like

I quoted buckna as he literally stated no demand without any further explanation. That´s simply not the case.
I buy mostly graded already as I just don´t like the process of grading myself, living in europe.

Thanks for the link though! And congrats on this nice post count :wink:

1 Like

Mostly lower demand. The sets are a bit more scarce, but people aren’t chasing EX cards anywhere close to WOTC.

1 Like

You’ve rustled my Troll and Toad jimmies. Tempting considering the easy returns. However I’m 0/X on Troll and Toad Near Mint cards. The last one I got was a Torchic Gold Star and it had scratches/wear out the wazoo, and would’ve scored a PSA 6/7 at best.

2 Likes

Yeah, anything older than 2012 has been trash for me with T&T. Slight bends, dents & crazy scratches/edgeware on the NM ones i’ve ordered. I always look and think, “MAYBE this time” then think better of it unless I really need one to fill out a binder.

Ex-Era sealed product is already expensive, and (PSA)card prices have not caught up yet, therefore no incentive to open any new sealed product other than nostalgia (and if good cards are opened people tend to not sell them from my experience).

There´s also not that much demand compared to the very old sets, but also a lot less supply. Finding some of the EX-cards in mint condition is a very hard task, often times you have to buy graded already. I´m collecting the ex era right now (who would´ve guessed :wink:) and I feel like most PSA 10s are severely undervalued. It will be interesting to see how the collector base/market will value those sets in the upcoming years!

5 Likes

you breathe on a gen 3 holo and it starts to crease lol, ive seen mint ex packs opened where the reverses and holos come damaged out the pack just from temperature

i love them but finding raw cards worth grading is stupid hard

1 Like

I wouldnt buy a NM card from T&T for grading… my 2 cents.

1 Like

You guys with your no demand remarks and low demand missed the focus of my question (not being rude here). There is a reason why the ratio of 10s to 9s is 1:5 or 1:10. for a lot of these cards and demand has nothing to do with it. If you grade a new card the ratio is 1:1. Also if you buy NM from TnT then I’d expect you to get a psa7/8 level of card… they aren’t very good with old cards as someone else said. I guess my qn is more on why the 10 is so low pop compared to the 9? What issues do we know about with what sets? I know dragon frontiers had massive print line problems for example.

I believe these cards have massive potential and am taking a big position on all the sets but finding it very hard to find some cards in a 10…

Yeah I’ve heard they get edge wear as well easy?

I might be the only person to ever get lucky from T&T apparently lol I’ve had about 40% end up being 9 or 10. I do agree you are more likely to get a NM 7 than a 10, obviously

Finding pack fresh is extremely hard for most of these sets and pack fresh does not equal PSA 10. A lot of the chase EXs from this era have pretty healthy prices already but I am sure with a bit of Hype beast juice you can pump those numbers up, Milotic has a bit of the juice already.

5 Likes

espc the holo borders on the ex cards yes

1 Like

No demand makes me kinda sad because these are one of my favorite cards ever produced. But then again, they will be cheaper for me to buy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Cos they suck

3 Likes

This and ask them to double check your order to make sure everything is NM, especially if you are outside the US. Add it to the order note and send them an e-mail with the order #. Way less issue cards as they can removed them from your order or pull another when they have it. If they send damaged cards and aren’t in the US to easily return, contact them and they will send you a partial credit or refund.

Lol. Great post mate.

1 Like