Who is all going to collect a con Orlando?

Hey guys, guys just seeing who is all going to
Collect a con Orlando? I live an hour from the Orlando convention center and it’s my bday weekend and I’ll will be attending with my fiancé and my business partner. Would love to meet some other fellow passionate people from the hobby. Last year I went was amazing got to see Gary but too many what not streamers for my taste but I would love to meet real lovers of the hobby.

1 Like

I am!

2 Likes

I’ll be there. If you get tired of getting hit in the head by $10 slabs thrown by whatnot streamers, I’ve got a little 3 table vending setup in the corner where we can chill and chat.

Don’t want to promote anything publicly, so PM me and I’ll stear you in the right direction :grinning:

7 Likes

Painfully accurate. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m originally from Florida and I’ll be going with my sister who lives nearby. I’ve been to some local shows but this will be my first Collect-A-Con, any advice from con veterans?

1 Like

Bring lots of water and deodorant. Cons can get very warm and smelly.

I recommend bringing some amount of cash on your person. Vendors/Stores are more likely to take a deep cut on the listing price if you can transact without a middleman (e.g., PayPal, Venmo, Credit Cards).

3 Likes

Ya, I am going to be buying if the deals are right. I’m super anti what not streamers. There are some good people who do it but so many wanna be influencers and I can’t stand them. They ruin the fun of the hobby.

Water is pro advice! It’s tough to get drinks at conventions.

4 Likes

Bring cash the internet is trash and places were having problems taking cash or doing Venmo, PayPal, and cash app. So this year I’m being more cash. Some vendors are buying are doing trades but I felt they were under cutting too much. But I love it and I live an hour from there and it’s my bday so I always go.

1 Like

I can’t remember if Orlando convention center lets bring in your own beverages. I know they had concession stand but super pricey. Cash king for sure most vendors had internet issues and couldn’t do card or Venmo/PayPal.

I love your content when I got back into the hobby near 4 years ago your videos and rusty’s were so helpful in really learning how to go about the hobby and looking at things.

I’ll be there next month and couldnt be more excited!! This would be my first Con experience too. Counting down the days!

1 Like

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Yeah bringing own drinks is fine. I have kind bars and water in a backpack

Any way to preview what you might be bringing? Definitely be down to buy/trade.