Which Pokemon's shiny form is your favorite?

For me, it’s Ponyta, with Girafarig’s shiny as a close second. But shiny Ponyta is just…wow. TPC knocked it out of the park with this shiny design.

17 Likes

Great thread man! I just love the original shinies, they always remind me of Pokemon Crystal. My favorite was always what they did with grass types, making them seem even more poisonous. In crystal it was this bad boy:

But then of course I have two give two mentions:

Only thing cooler than Mr. Mime is a friggin’ green Mr. Mime! :heart_eyes:
And since Azul isn’t here, I’ll just put his answer in for him:

But I love all the shinies, for those who wanna see some sweet custom shinies made from Sugi Stock, here is this amazing gallery:
Amazing Stock Sugi Shiny Gallery

7 Likes

@brendantheclayboy totally agree and wow! That Mr. Mime is incredible! I think this is the first time I’ve seen that shiny!

2 Likes

Ponyta too! Not only because of the big contrast between red and blue, but a blue flame burns hotter than red! So it like actually makes sense!

1 Like

7 Likes

Dragonair hands down! I’d lose my mind if an artist like Saitou or sowsow made a card with Shiny Dragonair maybe like wrapped through a cherry blossom tree branch.

5 Likes

Charizard and Gyarados are my favorites. Scyther sucks unfortunately.

2 Likes

Koffing/Weezing are quite nice :blush:

I really like the gen 2 ones in particular.

3 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

I love Milotic and I love its shiny form even more :blush:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I remember always wanting a shiny Typhlosion in Gen 2 with those purple flames.
Then it got nerfed, hard.

3 Likes

Slugma has always been my favourite shiny

6 Likes

2 Likes

Arcanine for me!

Runners-up;

5 Likes

Espeon > all. Besides Ninetales. Always liked Eevee’s ghost-white palate.
You guys are the best when it comes to refacing the Sugimori classics!
Most of the shines from the OG debut generation like Alakazam and Tyranitar, suck after gen 2. The negative tilted body synergy such as colors appearing inside characters’ mouths/tongues, just stopped.

2 Likes

@kromaticlanturn , Due to the level grinding at Mt Silver I’ve captured both a shiny Ponyta and a shiny Rapidash with full odds. I was really disappointed when I used the Rapidash in Stadium 2.

Not exactly purple flames:

3 Likes

Wow that’s awesome, but what in the hell is that abomination??? Good lord that is the ugliest horse I’ve ever seen haha. Yes, very disappointing…

2 Likes

That shiny Druddigon is awesome, btw. Way better than the standard colors, and definitely an underrated mon all-around.

1 Like