What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

Some of you have already heard the news, but the majority not yet. Little over a month ago I lost an auction for an unlimited edition E1 Pikachu. Because Buyee has a limit of 300,000 Japanese Yen, I couldn’t bid any higher and it ended at 301,000. That price surprised me, considering it was a heavy played copy.

But, now I’m glad I lost that one, since a second (heavy played) copy from the same seller popped up two weeks ago. Which I ended up winning for 101,000 Japanese Yen, 1/3rd of that first one I lost. :grin:
It arrived at the Buyee warehouse a couple of days ago, and after I requested photos I just confirmed it’s indeed the unlimited edition version I was expecting, so it’ll soon be incoming to my place.

Very exciting to finally have been able to buy this illusive Japanese Pikachu card, considering I’ve been searching for it ever since I started collecting Pikachu cards seven years ago and it’s one of just 12 Pikachu cards I was missing. It may be in trash condition and still costed about 1k euros despite that, but I don’t care. Finding these Pikachu cards is hard enough as is, so I’m not too worried about condition. If it was NM it might actually have attracted a lot more bidders and ending up above what I could or would be willing to pay.

For those unaware of the significance of Japanese unlimited edition E1 cards, I can refer to this thread and this post on @pichufan 's blog. They’re still surrounded in a lot of mystery, but bits and pieces of information have emerged over the years including very recently. Regardless of their origin, they are among the rarest unlimited edition Japanese cards that exist, and a pain for any collector completionsts like myself. So I’m happy to say that ‘pain’ is now over, seven years after I started collecting Pikachu cards (assuming it arrives at my place without any issues in the near future).

Greetz,
Quuador

50 Likes