Whats Your Age Poll!

Hey Everyone,

After a recent thread about age and collecting, here is a fun poll to get gauge the age demographics of the forum. Thanks to @quuador for the idea :blush:

Feel free to select your age bracket, ez.

And for the seasoned members I put 50+ because at that point it’s a bit of a grey area :wink:

11 Likes

If someone is 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, or 50 they’re going to have a hard time deciding where to vote.

21 Likes

I’m currently 26 :blush:

Good point. Must correct…

1 Like

Why?

If you are 25 years old you are certainly not 20-25. You are 25-30. It has been 25+ years since your birth hence 25-30. Unless you are voting your response at the exact minute of your birth 25 years later then you’d have no real dilemma. I’d say wait a day, enjoy your birthday and then choose the higher bracket.

7 Likes

This logic makes it even worse. If it’s non inclusive and I’m 25 and I can only choose between 20-25 I don’t apply, or if I can choose between 25-30 I don’t apply. If it’s instead inclusive of the age, and I’m 25 I have two answers 20-25 includes 25, and 25-30 includes 25.

Guys it’s just a light hearted thread. If you are potentially in either bracket it’s not a big deal.

13 Likes

@cullers take 25-30 to mean 25.00000001 - 29.999999 years old.

I say I’m 29 years old if you ask my age but I haven’t been 29.00000 since that one instant on my birthday. I’m actually more like 29.134 years old today.

If when asked “how old are you” you answer “25” that means you are > 25.00000 years old (or getting really technical it could also be your birthday but not yet your birth minute so could be 24.9X years old as well).

So again. If it is your birthday on an age that ends in 5 and seems to conflict with the poll save yourself the dilemma and go out and enjoy your birthday. Tomorrow when you are 25.0027 years old you can safely vote 25-30.

3 Likes

I’m 20.649 years old and am confused as to what poll option to choose. Hate mail inbound.

5 Likes

@smpratte, settle this. If you’re 25 which box do you check?

It’s kinda like if you deposit 10,000.00 in cash at your bank do they have to send in a form to the IRS?

If you’re in the middle of two, pick one at random and let stochasticisty resolve the issue

1 Like

Mathmatics vs semantics. I understand what you’re saying, but I live in a semantics realm where if someone asks how old I am I’m not going to say a fraction. I’m going to say I’m __ years old. (In reality, I’m going to tell them I don’t know. I stopped counting after 21.)

@smpratte, I’m still giving you a hard time, confusing poll is confusing.

1 Like

Math is precise, language and semantics are imprecise. I say stick with the math answer.

To please both sides simply do a range of birthdays for each selection so then we can debate whether MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY is the better format when we all know deep down YYYY-MM-DD is the only logical choice as it sorts alphabetically and numerically in chronological order.

1 Like

Maybe neither is right. If you’re 25 you are neither ‘between’ 20-25 nor 25-30 lol.

1 Like

Hi my name is Ché, I’m 45 and I collect Pokémon cards.

1 Like

My name is Melchior, I’m 33 years old, and I’m a Pokéholic!

3 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

6 Likes

23, so im safely nestled in the 20 -25 bracket

I’m 10,054 days old, so in the middle of the 25-30. :stuck_out_tongue:

*Is wondering how many people are going to calculate back to determine my age.*

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

How many minutes? Lol