January Survey - 1

Don’t know if this is allowed but I have intention to do monthly survey to understand other collectors.

Where are from you?

• USA
  • UK
  • EU
  • Asia
  • Australia
  • Other

0 voters

Have you spent more money in raw cards/sealed product or grading fee/graded cards since you started collecting?

• Raw/sealed product
  • Grading fee/graded cards

0 voters

Do you know how to play Pokemon TCG?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Have you ever submit to PSA, BGS or CGC by yourself?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you collect more vintage or modern?

• Vintage
  • Modern
  • Equal
  • Don’t know

0 voters

Do you collect other TCG?

• Yes
  • Only Pokemon <3

0 voters

How old are you?

• 4-18
  • 19-25
  • 26-40
  • 41-60
  • 60+

0 voters

Do you play Pokemon Video Game right now?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If someone paid you double what you’ve ever spent collecting to ask you to quit the hobby and also giving up everything you’ve acquired, what you would do?

• Accept
  • Decline

0 voters

6 Likes

February Survey - 2

What is your mothers maiden name?

What’s your SSN?

What’s the name of your childhood best friend?

What are those 3 magic numbers on the back of mummy and daddy’s credit card?

45 Likes

The last one was easy, double of what I’ve spent is like a bazillion percent below market value.

13 Likes

March survey - 3

What is your full address?

Exactly how valuable is your collection?

When is your house left unattended?

11 Likes

never mind, if this is the reaction I guess it’s the first and last survey :joy:

1 Like

Do you work remotely or have to commute daily :slight_smile:
Are you single or married?
Do you rent or own?
Do you have roommates?

2 Likes

Ha I think the “next survey” questions were just a joke. This was interesting to see the results

2 Likes

Yeah I know but now that I think about it I don’t think there are so many questions you can ask, many can be personal and people would not like to answer and therefore it would lose the sense of the survey.
The current questions, on the other hand, are interesting and it is curious to see how e4 users are.

They’re just busting your chops, all good fun I’m sure.

I’m actually interested to see all the results together. These are good questions.

3 Likes

As a proud Otherian, I quite enjoyed this survey.

5 Likes

You have 35 responses so far so i wouldn’t let the meme comments stop you

6 Likes

Cool survey. 26-40 is a huge range and there’s a huge difference in life experience between the lower and higher end. Unfortunately I’m closer to 40 than 26 now :cry:

2 Likes

“Double what you spent” is actually going to be much less than most peoples collections worth

3 Likes

There might be some that would turn down double current value as well.

Please keep posting these surveys, we have interesting results!
The majority is between 26 and 40, more than half of us don’t know how to play and the majority go for vintage only. That’s a clear indicator that it’s us from the 90s, keep going guys :heart_hands:

3 Likes

People are just teasing! This was a fun survey! :blush:

7 Likes

Interesting to see how many older people there are in the hobby. It’s pretty cool to me as EX Team Rocket Returns was on the tail end when I first started opening packs. :slight_smile:

Nah! It was an interesting and educational survey, which I’m sure was what you intended. :smile:

2 Likes

I had that thought and then I thought I also spent a lot of money on cards I later sold… So in ‘flipping’ I spent a lot more money collecting (probably 5-10x my current collection value). These are semantics, but I think the question should be rephrased so it is less ambiguous.

If you’re negative (spent more money than your collection is worth right now) what I mean is recoup everything you spent x2 as profit. Example you spent 100k and your collection is only worth 50k. You will get 200k for leaving the hobby and you will never touch a card again. If you spent 100k and your collection is worth 200k. You will receive 400k for leaving the hobby.
Yes, the question is not so clear :joy:.