What's the deal with this unsold illustrator?

This PSA 8 illustrator looks like it got no bids on ebay (PSA 8 Pikachu Illustrator Pokemon japanese Promo CoroCoro Comics (69823392) POP7 | eBay). Does anyone know why?

1 Like

Simple, no one want to spend half million for a piece of card :rofl:
If the auction started at $1 it would have been much more interesting, people like to bid in the auction.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Just assumed since these come up infrequently that someone would jump on it.

Could it have been priced too high? My only other thought would be that it went fairly “quietly”, maybe buyers were unaware of the auction. I don’t think I saw any advertisement for it besides someone on Reddit posting about it. Maybe using an auction site like pwcc or goldin would help highlight it?

I didn’t even know this was auctioned until a friend sent me an article that it went unsold. I’m honestly kind of surprised no one with big pockets attempted to scoop it up, but I guess with the market regulating less eyes are on everything.

I guess considering this is posted after the auction ended, means it flew below the radar? I mean, usually, auctions of cards like these get picked up and posted on E4 fairly early in general, just to observe the price action.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Really nice eye appeal on that one :eyes:

Perhaps, as rare as the card is, everyone who currently wants one and can afford one already has one.

7 Likes

this card gets constantly relisted on ebay iirc. illustrator was inflated af by the man logan paul himself. Illustrators were like $50k pre covid and now boom half mill KEKW

Those who can afford it already have it

1 Like

Id take a couple base 1st ed boxes over that any day

4 Likes

Lol what? A PSA 7 Illustrator went for $375k over a year before Logan even got his PSA 10.

5 Likes

pre covid isn’t 2021

You literally said this:

Logan bought his Illustrator in 2022. The PSA 7 sold for $375k in 2021.

The point you’re trying to make is ridiculous.

5 Likes

okay let me reword it, covid inflated the prices giga and the price was 50k pre

Triple had the grimmer rank on discord which is reserved for trolls. As like most hot takes these days, they probably weren’t even around when illustrators were 50k. For people who joined in 2020 every year prior started at 2020 in their minds. :smirk:

13 Likes

An illustrator sold for $195,000 on October 23, 2019. In either case, you are still wrong.

9 Likes

I’ve been collecting since I was a kid smh, im not even a 2020 zoomer

the sale before the 195k in 2019 was 54k smh tapp and the 2019 sale was like literally the month before covid went crazy around the world

You mean the sale 3 years prior?! :joy:

The sale tapp mentioned was one of multiple in that range. The 375k was a member here who bought 2 illustrators for six figures each and decided to sell the 7. There were other copies going in that range ungraded on yj. All this well before covid.

4 Likes